Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Advice (sob story)

Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 183 karma

Hey everyone. So, I was pumped going into test day today, and was happy with how I was doing...until I realized that I had a bubbling error that messed up my whole section. That being said, I will unfortunately be sitting for the November exam. However, I have a bit of a dilemma, given that I have approximately 7 tests beyond PT 35 at my disposal that I have yet to do. I think that I have solid mastery of the content, as I've been scoring generally in high 160s, low 170s. Nonetheless, without enough practice tests, I think my skills will atrophy. Any advice as to what I should do to prepare for my next LSAT? Are there any good practice tests not produced by LSAC?

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

First of all, I'm really to sorry to hear about that test experience.

As for november, you can space out those 7 PTs for sure. Make sure to supplement with drills. There's also webinars, AMAs, and posts on the forum that discuss the benefits of retaking PTs. I think on his AMA, Accounts Playable discusses it in depth around the 15 minute mark.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Just do those 7 tests between now and November. Maybe do a retake or two as well.

• Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
    183 karma

@keets993 Thanks for the video! Need to take a bit of a break from the LSAT, but will take a look when I come back. As for now, time to practice bubbling :-/

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    edited September 2018 500 karma

@"Sue Doe Nimb" have some people already taken the sept test? I just had a mini panic and had to double check the date.

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

One section a day with review. A full PT on the weekend with a review. IT IS OK TO RE-DO OLD PRACTICE TESTS! Unless you're getting a 180, you still have things to learn.

And yeah, like...drugs are bad...mmmmkay.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@LivingThatLSATdream I believe some accommodated test takers had it today.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

@keets993 thanks for clarifying!

• PhDtoLaWPhDtoLaW Alum Member
    59 karma

You can definitely reuse old material. The only problem is that your scores will be slightly inflated, but that's not a problem if you're just trying to keep up to speed on the material.

For LG specifically, I've found that my scores aren't even appreciably inflated if I haven't seen the material for 3+ months.

I would spread the fresh tests out evenly between now and test day so that you can track your improvement, and then fill the gaps with used practice sections.