Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2015 Retakers Thread

2»

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You guys can always prepare for the June LSAT :)
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    That's why I made this thread. :)
    Not going to neglect RC drilling this time!
    3462 karma
    What are you doing to improve RC?

*Sorry didn't read the thread name lol
    2116 karma
    @emli1000 I will be drilling RC from the Cambridge RC packet that uses PT 1-38.
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    @ddakjiking the lsac people
    289 karma
    @emil100 im down with that! let's form a study group. does anyone have skype and/or live in nyc?
    2116 karma
    @Sapphire if feb was a normal disclosed test date, then they would release the most recent test as "PT 75". But unfortunately it's not so the next PT that LSAC will release will be this upcoming June test. Nothing beforehand if that's what you're wondering.
  • naveedhalavinaveedhalavi Alum Member
    124 karma
    Checking in and joining this amazing thread =) ended up getting 158 on my feb lsat, and i plan on retaking june with a goal of at least a 165. I recently started/finished the manhattan LR book 3 weeks ago, and just created a study plan to tackle the lsat trainer. weirdly excited for the upcoming weeks...
    3462 karma
    @Sapphire yes, skype study group tmrw =]
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I don't live in NY but I live in Miami, so we are in the same time zone. Is there a June study group on Skype? o.O
  • laestelle2009laestelle2009 Alum Member
    96 karma
    last time i worked a 12 hour day, 6 days a week and had been studying for a year so no surprise that i was just flat out tired when i took the LSAT!

this time i cut hours at my job to free up some of my time to study. Will be going through 7sage class again, threw in Blueprint LG book, Manhattan LR Book and reading old reading comp's from past PT's to help with RC. bought some bundles from cambridge too!

this time i will actually take JY's advice to drill and review! last time i would do a problem, get it wrong, look up the right answer and move on.

and no more studying laying down in bed lol
    3462 karma
    @mpits001 yes, there is :)
    3462 karma
    @laestelle2009 we all have to learn from our mistakes lol I realized that I cannot study at home. I must take myself out of my room and to the library if I'm going to be productive.
    289 karma
    do we have a set schedule for group study? im sorry i missed our first meeting. my internet is truly crappy and i need to know for sure when i am to stay at my job to use the computer.
    3462 karma
    @Sapphire Well for the past 2 weeks we've been meeting on Sat at 7 pm eastern time and going over a PT we have all took. We BR PT 40 this past weekend.
  • carlweimercarlweimer Alum Member
    26 karma
    I just want to let out a loud groan. Big deal this time is that I have found the 7Sage course much better than the Princeton Review course that I wasted so much money on. We will see if the rubber meets the road now. I probably needed the foundation of the PR course to understand 7Sage as well as I have so far. Oh well, just thought I would groan.
    2116 karma
    For those of those who took the FEB test, anyone still having trouble getting back into the groove of studying?
    3462 karma
    @ddakjiking start out with LG.. It makes the process easier.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    ^^ Totally... LG also gives you a tone of confidence... I'd probs start by mastering simple sequencing and then take the weekend and do MP and MSS.. follow it up with 2/3 more days of sequencing with a twist and and a couple of more LG related topics... for the next couple of days...
  • msoliviajmsoliviaj Alum Member
    53 karma
    Hello all, I just need 15 more points and I will sign up for this course. Is the LSAT Starter sufficient to achieve this goal?
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    @cndyjean nobody can say that for sure... for some people yes... for others... no... depends totally on the individual... the one thing for sure is that ANY 7sage pack will give you a solid education in the ways of the test... but is the starter enough to give you 15 points for you or max out your potential... who knows... some people never make a 15 point jump...some jump 30 points... depends totally on your situation and where you are... I'd sign up and take it as it goes... upgrade if you need to.
    3462 karma
    @cndyjean I would say get the starter and if you need more problem sets to drill you can always upgrade or purchase the Cambridge practice sets.
    53 karma
    Thank you @emli100 and @NileshS ... I greatly appreciate it.
    53 karma
    Here is the next 12 weeks !!!
    3462 karma
    There's 12 weeks left until the June lsat? Oh my! =/
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    12 weeks is a lot of time if it isn't your first time taking it :P
    3462 karma
    Haha, true. But with this time change, the days/weeks go by so fast!
    289 karma
    sorry guys i have been out of the loop for a while, work was a killer this past week. Are we still doing Skype every Saturday at 7pm? My skype name is christiana.desrosiers
    2116 karma
    Today (thus far):
    LG:
    4 simple ordering LG's: 29/30
    LR:
    Complete the Passage: 17/19

:P
    3462 karma
    @Sapphire yes.
    3462 karma
    @ddakjiking looking good!
    2116 karma
    Finally got through the odds of the MSS packet only Level 1-2. 36/38. Still trying to get back into LSAT mode.
  • kglsatnovicekglsatnovice Alum Member
    edited March 2015 62 karma
    I'm going to get more practice in doing the PTs and get through the curriculum as set by 7sage. As I didn't stick with Blueprint when I took it before so now that I have found the right prep course. I'm giving it all that I got and won't stop until my score increases significantly. I'm in it, to win it!
    2116 karma
    Spent the last week and half slowly going through Cambridge Simple Ordering packet.
    My results:

Difficulty 1: 73/76
    Difficulty 2: 39/40
    Difficulty 3: 22/23

Not bad for taking a month off from the LSAT completely. Going to start grouping tomorrow.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    not fair... switch with me ddakjiking!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Past month and a half... nothing (minus Pt 1). About to take PT2 today -- wish me luck! (I anticipate it'll go terrible since I haven't looked at anything recently)