Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing LR questions due to lack of time

I feel like I make most my mistakes on LR because I'm rushing too much and don't catch the little details/nuances in the question stem. When I do BR, I usually get these rushed questions right. Anyone have any advice on how to tackle this?

Comments

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Right now, just focus on your BR prep and drilling. Speed comes with mastery. Focus on identifying the conclusion, the supporting premises, the other argument and how the author's argument works with or against the other argument. And if it is an assumption type question, find out what the flaw is and how you can strengthen or weaken the argument.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Is it possible it's the stimulus or answer choices in some cases, or do you think it's just the question stems? Either way, my guess is the videos will help.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1777 karma

Try underlining, circling, etc. It forces you to pay attention. It's not a long-term strategy, but it should help you for now until you get used to the process.