Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT schedule

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in June 2015 LSAT 3462 karma
I was curious to know if anyone here had taken 2 PTs in one day?
1 in the AM and then one in the PM? I read a thread on here were one person was actually doing this but I can't find it.
Would you guys recommend this method? Or would you call it an automatic burn out?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Ive done 2 back to back (4sections each) not terrible tho was def long lol
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I've done 2 back to back too but I felt it was personally an excessive way of improving my mental stamina. Instead, I took 6 section PTs -- usually incorporating one RC section and one LR section.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @jdawg113 did you do this like once a week? Or how did you go about it?
    3462 karma
    @blah170blah yes, that is my reason for asking, since I've notice that I get tired after the 2nd section in a PT. So I was wondering if I should train my brain to take two back-to-back? and then BR the following day and make that a weekly routine.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I think it depends on 1) making sure you don't run out of PTs and 2) if you think you need to. When I took the real test in February, I didn't feel fatigued at all and I rarely took 5 or 6 section PTs. The reason my score was much poorer than I had wanted is because I didn't spend nearly enough time reviewing as I should have. Since this time of around, the majority of my time studying is going to spent reviewing, I'm only going to take 4 section PTs, maybe bumping it to 5/6 in the last few weeks before D-Day.

If you think you could benefit from the additional practice and you tend to get fatigued early on (which it does sound like you do), then it could be beneficial. Back to back might be excessive -- adding 2 additional sections should give you the additional practice that you need as well as training your brain to beat the fatigue. And of course you know this, but I think what's more important is taking 6 section PTs and reviewing rather than taking 8 section PTs and being so burnt out your brain is done for the day and the next.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    nah, did it a few times. I personally don't have much of an issue with stamina (besides RC reading) so I only did it a few times and spent the rest of the day reviewing... I think it is a good way to work on building stamina and getting some PTs in... you just want to make sure you review both properly afterwards
    3462 karma
    @blah170blah I have PT 1-74 my goal is to take from PT 36+ at least 20-30 PT before June. I've noticed I'm starting to feel fatigued and that hardly ever happens. Therefore, I wanted to try another method on how I take PTs as well. Reviewing is the most important part. Also, for me I would say that drilling is necessary because it locks things in for me. At first it's very time consuming. Since i like to go over every single question whether if I got it right or wrong.

I think I'm going to add additional sections. One LG and one RC at first. Then I will try to PT in one day. And see how that goes. If you don't hear from me in a week.... You'll know why LOL!
    3462 karma
    @jdawg113 yea, thanks. I'm def. going to attempt this. Hopefully I won't burn out too soon. HA