Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Million Thanks to 7Sage

in General 29 karma

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been too active in the discussion posts, but I read them every day and they are so helpful! I just wanted to share my experience for anyone who needs an extra pick-me-up, as I often came to the discussion posts for positivity. I took my diagnostic test in February of 2018, and got a 141. Thank goodness it was just practice, because I felt that I was sure that I was not going to law school after that exam. I gave up for a few months, and bought 7Sage in June and decided to just try it and take the September exam and see how it went. If I didn't do well then I would have just picked a new career path. Over the summer, I fell in love with the exam. I actually had fun studying, which is a sentence that I don't think I've ever said. After busting my butt all summer, I walked into the September exam feeling like a queen, and I walked out feeling like I did about my usual practice test scores which by the end of the summer was around a 157. I was happy with going from a 141 to a 157 in about 3 months, but I just got my score back and I got a 162!!! I can't even begin to explain the amount of happy tears that were shed. If you are feeling down, take a break, and restart! This exam is possible to learn, if you put the hard work into it. The first time I took the practice and got a 141, I only got 3 correct on the Logic Games section. On the September exam, I only missed 1 LG question! I'm not going to lie to you, I did nothing but study for 6 hours a day for 3 months, but going from a 141 to a 162 is one of the best feelings I have ever had. Please keep your head up because if I can do it, then you can too! Thank you JY and 7Sage! You made learning fun, and I owe my success story to you!

Comments

• bernardita.agyekumbernardita.agyekum Core Member
    64 karma

I needed to read this! Thank you, for sharing

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Congratulations, you deserve it after all of your hard work! A twenty-one point increase is awesome :)

• bernardita.agyekumbernardita.agyekum Core Member
    64 karma

It is interesting to know... your experience. I scored a 141 on my first practice test, because I was able to study for a whole month, without working and no distractions. However, I got a new job in August (full-time) as an Deputy Chief of Staff. So, it slow down my studies a bit. When I started to study again, we were short with staff... I did not have the chance to study, as I did before. However, I studied for 3 days and I took a full practice test last weekend and I scored horrible. I went into depression and felt like I will not do well on this test. So, when I saw your post it truly encouraged me that if you where able to do it... I can also do it!

Thank you!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Wow that's great!! Hard work pays off! Congratulations on the huge point jump! And kudos for not giving up - I've been there many, many times.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

That is some grind!--But it does indicate how much time people should allot to studying for this thing (which feels thankless at so many points). But getting this outcome feels all the more meaningful after what you've endured. Congrats!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

This is really encouraging. Congrats!

• Ellie0257Ellie0257 Member
    200 karma

That’s awesome!! Congrats!!

• 362 karma

Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

This is exactly what I needed. Wow. You rock.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats!!

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Congrats!! :)