Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Transcript problems

Wait whatWait what Alum Member
edited October 2018 in Law School Admissions 244 karma

I just received an email from a law school I applied to. I submitted my application for this school yesterday. This morning I received an email saying my application was incomplete. Turns out that my undergraduate transcripts were not received but everything else was including my letters of recommendation. Do you have to assign the transcripts like the letters of recommendation in order for them to be sent? Or is there some other process that one needs to do so LSAC can send the transcripts? Or should LSAC just automatically send them?

Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited October 2018 3652 karma

Are you still in undergrad? Last year I requested my transcripts during my last quarter of undergrad and some schools marked me incomplete bc I did not requested updated transcripts with my last quarter’s grades.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Call LSAC and find out what's up. The school should have gotten it, no need to do anything. Last year, a few weeks after applying (ugh), a school told me that they never received my LSAT score. Had to call LSAC, who told me they had sent it, called the school back, repeat that back and forth a couple more times, until the school figured out that my score was just entered into a wrong field in their system or something. So, sometimes weird stuff happens during the transfer, I guess. Just call LSAC to confirm it was transmitted, then call the school and ask what they need from you, what's missing, etc.

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Call LSAC and find out what's up. The school should have gotten it, no need to do anything. Last year, a few weeks after applying (ugh), a school told me that they never received my LSAT score. Had to call LSAC, who told me they had sent it, called the school back, repeat that back and forth a couple more times, until the school figured out that my score was just entered into a wrong field in their system or something. So, sometimes weird stuff happens during the transfer, I guess. Just call LSAC to confirm it was transmitted, then call the school and ask what they need from you, what's missing, etc.

@oshun1 said:
    Are you still in undergrad? Last year I requested my transcripts during my last quarter of undergrad and some schools marked me incomplete bc I did not requested updated transcripts with my last quarter’s grades.

Leah M B Thats pretty much what happen. LSAC sent it and the college received it yet somehow they sent me an email saying they hadn't. Anyhow I called and all is well.

Thanks for the responses !