Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Share Accommodations Stories

TrustingGodTrustingGod Free Trial Member
in General 240 karma

So I submitted my application last week. I heard it takes about two weeks, but I'm getting so impatient. Does anyone want to share a story about how getting accommodations really helped them and their score? I'd love to hear anything positive to pass the time.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

LSAC publishes the data for repeat test takers who get extra-time accommodations; the average gain is huge. But why does it matter how it helped other people? It's pretty easy to gauge how it'll help you. Take a PT with 50% or 100% extra time.

• TrustingGodTrustingGod Free Trial Member
    240 karma

@10000019 Lsac took down that data, so I cannot find that information. If you have a link please send it. And I was just wondering. Some people have said that it can have a reserve effect. So I'm just interested in hearing some other people's experiences.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

https://transcripts.lsac.org/docs/default-source/research-(lsac-resources)/tr-17-03.pdf

The average score gain
    for those who switched from nonaccommodated to accommodated/extra-time testing
    conditions was much higher at 7.57 scaled score points, which was exactly the same
    score gain as that reported in the previous study (Lauth et al., 2012).

Extra time score takers outperform regular test takers.