Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Reasoning... Smh

When I started studying full time, approximately four months ago, LG was by far my worst section. With diligent practice and doing the full-proof method, I have significantly raised my average performance. Now, it seems that I am plateauing with LR... LR is now pretty much my worst section(s) and also my least favorite sections to take.

Any tips?

I've done all the core curriculum and looked over the lessons that I think I feel the most uncomfortable with several times. I've seen that I've missed some of the Weakening and Strengthening questions which are basically freebies, and when BR'ing I say to myself, "Why in the hell are you missing these?!"

Comments

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    edited October 2018 126 karma

Drill LR by type. There are books - like the PowerScore LR type training book - which take all of the LR questions from an old subset of PTs and categorize them according to "type." If you find yourself struggling on a certain type - drill those questions until you can comfortably answer a wide array of them with little, if any, errors.

AN: I only have 7Sage Starter so I don't have access to things like the question bank - I'm sure the question bank could accomplish the above. But the main advice holds - drill by type.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I recommend untimed section drilling. Get a greater sample size before you hone in on a specific question type. Give yourself the time that you need to reach 100% certainty before you move on to the next question. This way you'll have a better sense of your theoretical understanding and where your weaknesses truly are. Following a deep understanding of these errors and a correction through untimed drilling, speed and accuracy will come naturally.

• plbrown3splbrown3s Member
    28 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme okay sounds good! Thank you for your input.