[Over] Admissions Webinar + Editing Giveaway! Tues, Oct 16 @ 9 p.m. ET

2»

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

I’d love to see a blog regarding people who have been out of school10+ years, and what that means in terms of how relevant our gpa is and if writing a diversity statement is a must.

• rn6zjrn6zj Alum Member
    edited October 2018 14 karma

Blog post I would love to see: managing a lower LSAC UGPA vs. higher transcript GPA because of a gap in education and attending two or more undergrad institutions.

(Context: The LSAC gpa would be lower due to a lower GPA at the first undergrad school, with a 3 year gap before starting again and graduating with honors.)

• MarissaKMarissaK Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Hello! I would greatly appreciate a blog post on the process for re-applying to law schools if goal schools are not attained the first time around. Are new letters of recommendation necessary? Should an applicant ask permission of a recommender to use the same letter twice? Is that letter retained in LSAC after initial application? Is a new LSAT score necessary if moving from applying toward the end of the application period this year to the beginning of the application period the following year? - Thank you!

• czy.dorothyczy.dorothy Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Ideas for a blog post:
    1. Does it matter whether we attend the info sessions of different law schools and meet with the admission staff? Some tips on what questions to ask the office of admission would be appreciated.
    2. For international students, how to write a diversity statement?

Hope to win the "Edit Giveaway" :blush:

• CurlyDadanCurlyDadan Alum Member
    8 karma

Thanks for hosting David! Very helpful and informative. I would like a blog post about a rough timeline or schedule of gathering all the items required for law school applications

• PearlyGoGoPearlyGoGo Alum Member
    171 karma

Thanks for the webinar!
    I would like to see a blog post about the differences of the application process between a international students with undergraduate degree outside U.S. and other applicants who hold a degree in a US university.

• Trees are GoneTrees are Gone Alum Member
    192 karma

I would love to see a blog post regarding employment statistics, region by region.

For instance in Midwest, Chicago and Northwestern takes up the big chunk of Biglaw jobs. Does that mean it's a battle royal among the rest (WUSTL, ND, UIUC)? What are alternative routes that seem plausible (like joining BIG4 as a consultant)? etc, etc.

Frankly, roughly three percent of LSAT takers end up scoring 170+. Employment statistics among the region would, at very least, broaden the scope.

• HesiJimboHesiJimbo Member
    31 karma

C&F questions that pertain to academic issues specifically and how to handle them

• cporter1993cporter1993 Alum Member
    11 karma

A key take away from the webinar is that everyone should consider an binding early decision application.

• perolike8perolike8 Member
    23 karma

Blog idea: Other than studying for the LSAT full-time, what is the best way to make the most of a gap year? What are things we should absolutely be doing besides studying and preparing apps?

Thank you for the webinar, David!

• InpursuitofLSATInpursuitofLSAT Alum Member
    24 karma

Thank you for hosting the webinar. Can you please do a blog on advantages/disadvantages of deferring the LSAT to January and thus applying sometime in February. Thanks in advance

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    edited October 2018 1332 karma

Thanks for hosting the webinar!

Blog post suggestion: As a URM applicant how to determine safety, reach, and target schools.

• lsatstudent-1lsatstudent-1 Alum Member
    64 karma

Thanks for hosting this webinar! Tip: Resumes don't have to be limited to 1 page (unless a school specifies that it does), but make sure that you actually need the second page.

• angelypaulino3angelypaulino3 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Thanks for that webinar! I'd love to see a blog post teaching us about scholarships and how we can negotiate them!

• BashenbuBashenbu Member
    3 karma

Thanks for hosting the webinar! Would love to see a blog on what to include and what to omit in a letter of recommendation from a non-academic source, especially for those who have been in the workforce for many years.

• broncoben76broncoben76 Alum Member
    15 karma

Would be awesome to see a blog post on people who have applied to law school later in life. Pros/Cons and just general thoughts

• m.kim2022m.kim2022 Member
    76 karma

Emphasis points of a non-academia recommendation. I.e focus on character or community service activities?

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

@"David.Busis" Sorry, I missed last night's webinar. Would you record it or could I have a chance to listen it again? Thanks!

• flores.jackie09flores.jackie09 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I would like a blog post regarding how students with graduate degrees approach the application process.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

@"gerant.tj.rivera" Congrats! We randomly selected you as the winner of the Edit Once giveaway! Email editors@7sage.com when you want to get started.