[Over] Admissions Webinar + Editing Giveaway! Tues, Oct 16 @ 9 p.m. ET

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited October 2018 in Webinars 7272 karma

UPDATE

Thanks for attending and leaving a comment, everyone! We assigned a number to everyone who left a comment for the edit once giveaway and then chose a winner by lottery. @"gerant.tj.rivera" is our winner!

7Sagers,

On Tuesday, October 16, at 9 p.m. ET, I’ll give you a bird’s-eye view of the admissions process. I’ll touch on almost every component of your application and take questions at the end.

:cookie: After the webinar, I’ll randomly select one attendee for a free Edit Once.

:warning: You’ll have to register for this webinar in advance.

→ Please register for the webinar (Oct 16, 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. ET) here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_389YpcDkRLapTJorAbei8Q

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Zoom might prompt you to download something before you can join the webinar, so I’d advise you to show up a bit early on Tuesday.

Hope to talk to you there!

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Aww.. bummer. Cant make that one.

• kishmich77kishmich77 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Might wanna change the advice to say "Show up a little early TUESDAY"
    :smile:

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

@kishmich77 THANK YOU!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

Hope to see you here tonight!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@"David.Busis" Thanks for the reminder. See you soon!

• bittonaebittonae Member
    3 karma

I would really like to see a blog post about applying as a mature student and how this affects other criteria considerations such as GPA/LSAT. Thank you!

• knisskat94knisskat94 Alum Member
    43 karma

I would love to see a blog post about scholarships and scholarship negotiations.

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

Hi David! I would love a blog post or a more specific lesson on answering optional essays that ask for a list 3 songs, books, etc. The tone seems more relaxed- is that right? What's the best way to format something like this? Thank you! (that was also my question for tonight's webinar)

• 615 karma

It would be nice to see a pro/con chart for applying in January.
    Are all law schools rolling? Or are there schools that begin application process after deadline?

• srosen0630srosen0630 Alum Member
    8 karma

I would really like to see a blog post about choosing a law school based on how successful you believe to be according to LSAT/ GPA/ school attended.

• yohei.fujitayohei.fujita Alum Member
    17 karma

Suggested blog theme: How prior work experience can help land a big law job without graduating from a T14 school. (3-5 years of work experience)

• pondola0pondola0 Alum Member
    10 karma

Thanks for hosting the webinar. Would love to see a blog post about the reputations of law schools? Especially maybe surprise ones that are underrated or have a better reputation in a certain type of law that would be challenging to learn just reading rankings. Thanks!

• gerant.tj.riveragerant.tj.rivera Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Edit Once Giveaway Entry/Blog Post Suggestion:

Advice for URM Splitters making list of schools

• pawsiclepawsicle Alum Member
    17 karma

Can you please do a blog post/webinar on the Canadian law school admission process?

• BrendanJohnBrendanJohn Core Member
    1 karma

A blog post about when/if you should visit law schools would be great! For example, does meeting with law faculty make a difference in your chances of being admitted?

• Ortiz_44Ortiz_44 Member
    90 karma

@"David.Busis" Thanks for the webinar. A potential interesting blog post might be one concerning students who became interested in law later in life.

• pamazlifepamazlife Alum Member
    6 karma

A blog post about when to write an LSAT addendum

• unclesysyunclesysy Alum Member
    106 karma

I would like to see a blog post on good examples of how you've seen older/non-traditional students address "why law school, why now" in their personal statements.

• canadiannncanadiannn Member
    6 karma

Tip: In regards to choosing who writes your recommendation letter, the relationship that you have with them is more important than their rank.

• Adriel .Adriel . Member
    49 karma

I would like to see a blog post about how different approaching the LSAT will be with the implementation of the electronic format!

• j.akerman101j.akerman101 Free Trial Member
    10 karma

Hey all,

Happy prep. :)

I think that it would be awesome to have a "self-care throughout the process" kind of posting. I mean, everything is kind of scattered, but what do you do once you write the LSAT, are beginning to get your references in order, etc. How can you stop the perseverative thoughts? How can you prevent burn-out? I would definitely give that write-up a solid gander

• JulissaJulissa Member
    12 karma

Blog Post Idea:

Re-Applying for Law School: Do's and Dont's
    (e.g. Do get new letters of recommendation, do write up a new personal statement/diversity statement)

• vicxwwwwwvicxwwwww Alum Member
    104 karma

Hi David. Thanks for today's webinar. I am interested in seeing a post regarding recommendation letters selection for applicants who have graduated 3 to 4 years, with some working experiences and a graduate school degree.

• tanyaraja7tanyaraja7 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Hi David, I would love to see a blog post about how to handle scholarship negotiations!

• EAnn8771EAnn8771 Alum Member
    126 karma

I would love to see a blog post that focuses on law school concentrations and the best schools that fall under each category. For example the best law schools for family law or environmental law.

• michellekpaulmichellekpaul Free Trial Member
    7 karma

I would like to see a blog post on Canadian Law Schools and their requirements.

• Chaal1625Chaal1625 Alum Member
    14 karma

Hi David, thanks for the webinar! I would like to see a blog post about what high scores can be doing to make their score keep creeping up. For example, how does who is PT averaging at 172 make the jump to PT averaging at 175, etc? Cheers!

• ikra61893ikra61893 Alum Member
    11 karma

Hi David! Thank you for the webinar. It was very useful.

I would like to see a blog post about how to stay positive and motivated especially from the time you take the test to the time you get the results. Some of us have to retake it and the low score really takes a toll on us.

• jall31jall31 Member
    13 karma

I would like to see a blog post about deferring law school after acceptance.

• lawschool1154lawschool1154 Alum Member
    12 karma

I enjoyed your webinar, particularly the "tour" of the 7Sage Admissions functionality as I did not know about many of the features. Thank you!

• mnwhitemnwhite Free Trial Member
    2 karma

A blog post about applying to schools with LSAT scores while registered for a future LSAT would be great. Specifically, a discussion about applying to safety schools before taking the next LSAT (i.e. with current LSAT score and not waiting), or applying to targets and informing them you are registered for another LSAT, etc..

• archit07archit07 Member
    3 karma

I would really like to see a blog post on Canadian law schools admission requirements, esp the top Ontario ones

• gemrich1gemrich1 Alum Member
    12 karma

It would be helpful to see the admissions process through the "lens" of an admissions faculty. As in, at what threshold numbers-wise would they begin truly considering your "soft" application such as letters of rec/personal statement?

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

@"David.Busis" I would like to see a blog post about different things that can be done to help fill potential holes in an application. For example, I have heard that many law school can be concerned about the writing ability of an individual who did not major in something that was writing intensive, like Criminal Justice or Engineering. What sorts of things can applicants do to assuage some of the worries that an admissions council might have? Thank you for the webinar!

• napiershnapiersh Alum Member
    23 karma

I'd love to see a blog post on tips for non traditional (older in age) students applying to law school. I am personally finding it difficult to format my resume (various degrees, gaps in employment, etc). Thanks!

• Y.W.175175Y.W.175175 Core Member
    12 karma

I would love to see a chance calculator for splitters for each school. If any school is splitter-friendly or not.

• andy.mj.chaandy.mj.cha Free Trial Member
    1 karma

I would like to see a blog post about how to kill a admission interview.

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

Tip: Needing to revise application materials if you apply again in a subsequent year to the same school.

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

Would be nice to see a blog post about if there are any networking opportunities to increase your chances of getting your name out there to law schools before you actually submit your application. Go to their events? email them with questions? Sit in on a class? set up an appointment with an admissions counselor?

• AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member
    90 karma

I would love to see a blog post about writing an effective LSAT addendum.

• juandelrurijuandelruri Member
    8 karma

I would like to see a post about foreign applicants, on how it affect their chances because it seems that it reduce their chances (if check on law school predictor), and whether the interest of diversity of law schools is on diversity of only US citizens or different races (not necessary US citizen)

• lauren-sharpelauren-sharpe Alum Member
    10 karma

Idea for blog post or webinar: Best practices for balancing studying for the lsat and applying to law school with other life responsibilities i.e. a full time job, family, health, etc. The post or webinar could discuss choosing a study timeline, scheduling studying, how to manage breaks, mental fatigue, etc.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 2124 karma

Admission Tip: Reading your essays slowly and out loud increases your chance of catching a mistake.

• LSAThater-liteLSAThater-lite Alum Member
    31 karma

Thanks, David! Great webinar. Your tip about keeping resume bullet points down to 2 per item was completely new information for me and I'm glad I learned about it sooner rather than later.

• TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
    69 karma

Thanks a lot for the webinar! I'd love to see a blog post on international applicants and issues specific to their application (especially those who don't go to an undergrad in US) -- for example, I had friends having trouble submitting the transcript and heard rumors about certain schools being harsh on international applicants or raising LSAT standard for intl students to their 75 percentile.

• LLLL1111LLLL1111 Alum Member
    53 karma

Thank you for hosting that webinar! I would like to read a blog post about reverse splitters (assuming the LSAT will not be retaken due to other obligations), how to instruct personal statement editors (e.g. family and friends) to read through the essays (i.e. basic instructions from the perspective of an admissions officer), whether or not we should ask an alumnus who is a close friend or family member to write an additional LoR for that school, and/or how to incorporate post-undergraduate work experience into applications when that is not mentioned in the personal statement.

• Victoria.Victoria. Member
    553 karma

I really like the blog post about whether going to a t14 is necessary and I think it'd be cool to see more posts centered around specific experiences of those who went to schools outside of t14 (from recent years) and how their careers were shaped afterward (like some sort of spotlight/AMA/interview).

• m091776m091776 Member
    2 karma

David, I realize this may sound heretical on a 7Sage comment, but I would very much appreciate a blog on how law school admissions committees process other tests like the GRE and GMAT for comparison to the LSAT. Thank you!

• ykim435gatechykim435gatech Alum Member
    5 karma

Thank you for an amazing webinar :)

I would like to see a blog post about how international applicants with undergraduate education in the United States are going to be evaluated differently compared to other international applicants with a degree in a foreign country and other domestic applicants.

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

Enjoyed the webinar. I would love to see a blog post about kind of tailored towards non traditional students and things they should and should not do in the application process. Thank you again.