Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). LOR guide for professors? - 7Sage Forum

LOR guide for professors?

PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
edited November 2018 in Law School Admissions 446 karma

I’be been attending performing arts schools my whole life and I asked my principal teacher to write me a LOR. She agreed, but she has never written a LOR for law school applicants before. She wants me to write a letter myself with the content I need first, and then go to see her and finish the letter together. My problem is I’m not sure what to write either.
Based on my research, law schools would prefer letters from professors who teach classes with a emphasis on verbal reasoning/writing, but the conservatory (a T5) I attended put great emphasis on performance , and the few writing related classes I took were only one semester length classes. I doubt those professors remember me since I’ve been out of school for a few years, and I don’t think they know me well enough to write me a in-depth letter. what do you guys think? I’d appreciate any suggestions! Thank you in advance:)

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited November 2018 3652 karma

TLS has a guide somewhere. 7sage admissions does too I think. I really doubt the professors will allow you to write the letter for them. Just send them your transcript, resume, personal statement, any papers you wrote for the class, to remind them of who you are and give them something to write about.

• EAnn8771EAnn8771 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 126 karma

There is a lesson on the admissions course found here, https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/rec-cheat-sheet/?ss_completed_lesson=17073, on what advice to give for recommenders.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

@oshun1
    Just checked out the guide on TLS. Very helpful. I think I’m gonna pick a guide and send it to my recommender. Thanks!

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

@Emily8771
    Thanks for the link! I will make sure to check that out :)