Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Watch

kayyyy95kayyyy95 Alum Member
in General 95 karma

Hey guys,

I took a BluePrint course 2 years ago and have used the free analog watch that I got during the course for 2 adminstrations of the LSAT with no problems (1 of which was the Dec 2017 LSAT). I'm scheduled to take the test again tomrrow, 11/17, and didn't think this watch would be any issue again, but I just saw that there have been some new restrictions on which watches are acceptable during the test. Since it looks like they implemented these new rules in June 2017, and I had no issue using my watching in Dec 2017, I'm hoping this isn't an issue but does anyone have more recent experience with using the BluePrint watch (or any similar watches) during a more recent administration?

Here's a link with a pic of the watch, if you haven't taken BluePrint, or haven't seen what theirs looks like before: https://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat/my-best-lsat-advice-watch-it/

Thank you all in advance, and good luck to anyone else taking the test tomorrow!

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

This one looks like it'll be fine--it's non-digital and non-chronograph.

• kayyyy95kayyyy95 Alum Member
    95 karma

Thank you! @lsatplaylist

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

I contacted Blueprint about their watch and they no longer give it out to students because some have reported not being able to use it. I'd recommend taking a back up just in case.

95 karma

@xenonhexafluoro is there any watch you’d recommend that I’d be able to find at a radio shack or Best Buy or something? I usually wear a standard analog wristwatch anyway to actually tell time so would there even be a point in buying another watch, if it sounds like this is basically the only watch they’ll 100% allow anyway?

• Bring a back up just in case, but LSAC has started making the policy more clear to test centers. When I took in Dec. 2017, there was a ton of confusion with the new rules and reports of people not being able to use a watch like this or a watch like Perfect Score's (https://www.perfectscorewatch.com/ ...essentially the same except with color coding in lieu of the rotating bezel). When I took the exam again this July, my test center had color-printed signs on the check-in table that had been given to them by LSAC and that displayed pictures of the different ways that acceptable watches can look. I assume this is because test centers were confused by people's untraditional watches and erred on the side of caution (i.e. denying testers the ability to use it) in this confusion about whether a weird looking watch was acceptable or not. I'm sure there are still test centers who get it wrong, but they should have the tools to know that your watch is fine. Lastly, remember that other testers will also have untraditional watches. Given that yours isn't anything super unique in the LSAT-watch realm, you'll likely get through with no issue.

95 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" thanks for your input! This makes me feel better, and I’m taking it at the same local test center I’ve taken it at twice before and I’ve never seen them being excessively difficult about anything in the past, so hopefully this won’t be something they pick on. So do you think keeping my normal real analog wrist watch as a back up will be sufficient?

• edited November 2018 534 karma

@kayyyy95 said:
    @"Michaela.Pratt1" thanks for your input! This makes me feel better, and I’m taking it at the same local test center I’ve taken it at twice before and I’ve never seen them being excessively difficult about anything in the past, so hopefully this won’t be something they pick on. So do you think keeping my normal real analog wrist watch as a back up will be sufficient?

Sufficient as in useful on the test or acceptable for the center? If you mean useful on the test, then yes. Anything is better than nothing (but I'd maybe mark it up with a sharpie so that it can be visually sectioned off in a way similar to that of the PerfectScore watch). If you mean acceptable for the center, then also yes.

95 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" that’s super helpful/reassuring, thank you!