Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

confused on in out games still!!!

ed.lavadoed.lavado Member

SO prep test 36 game 1 his my arch enemy! I figured out most of it after coming back to it a few weeks later, but this is where I am stuck. No T - K, so I understand I must have one or the other, But how do I still Have the option of having both? So no T or T, I still can have K....What is the rule here that I keep missing that I need to tattoo on my hand?

Comments

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

The rule says:
    Not T--> K

This is an "Or Rule" where you must have at least one of T or K. You have three possible scenarios with this rule.

1) T out K in
    2) K out T in
    3) Both T and K in

If you don't have T, you must have K. If you have T, K can be either in or out.

I strongly recommend revisiting the core curriculum lessons on Or and Not Both Rules. They are the most critical lessons for logic games! :)

https://7sage.com/lesson/not-both-v-or-truth-tables/

https://7sage.com/lesson/not-both-v-or-truth-tables-longer-explanation/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

The key to doing well on in-out games is your proficiency with conditional logic. Learn to diagram out and understand the rules at an intuitive level. Once you nail that down they actually become really easy and fun!

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    edited November 2018 323 karma

Just a confession here: I found this course way too late in my preparation for my first LSAT. I was really struggling with In/Out logic games (same exact problem you are having) and bought this course for that reason alone, so I skipped straight to that section. I quickly learned that just like @L.S.A.T. and @Alex say, you will not advance in the LG section without having studied that large graph in the LR section and taken the tutorials. There are no shortcuts. You have to go back and do those lessons. Then they become fun.

• ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
    56 karma

Thanks everyone, I finally got it! some how I was missing the fact that they could both be in. You guys rock!