Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Taking the LSAT in January, but not applying to T15 schools. When should I apply? - 7Sage Forum

Taking the LSAT in January, but not applying to T15 schools. When should I apply?

lynperlynnlynperlynn Free Trial Member

Hi all,

I already took a gap year, so I do not want to wait for the next cycle. I am registered for the January LSAT, but am not sure of whether I should submit my applications before that, or just hit the send button after I receive my score sometime in February. I'm applying to regional schools with priority deadlines in mid-March, April, and even August, but I'm still extremely worried. What should I do? I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

If you know 100% that you will apply to each of these schools regardless of your LSAT score, I'd go ahead and apply before you take the LSAT. They will be able to see that you are registered for an upcoming test, but it wouldn't hurt to email them and let them know that as well.

If you might not apply to one based on your score (maybe it's a reach school and you might risk rejection), I'd hold off on applying until after you see the score and can make the best decision about whether it's worth applying.

They may review the parts of your application before you take the LSAT, although obviously it won't be complete until that score is in. But it typically will make for a faster decision process if you get your app in as early as possible.

• lynperlynnlynperlynn Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    If you know 100% that you will apply to each of these schools regardless of your LSAT score, I'd go ahead and apply before you take the LSAT. They will be able to see that you are registered for an upcoming test, but it wouldn't hurt to email them and let them know that as well.

If you might not apply to one based on your score (maybe it's a reach school and you might risk rejection), I'd hold off on applying until after you see the score and can make the best decision about whether it's worth applying.

They may review the parts of your application before you take the LSAT, although obviously it won't be complete until that score is in. But it typically will make for a faster decision process if you get your app in as early as possible.

Thanks!!!