Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying and Part time job

Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
in General 275 karma

I have recently decided to leave my full time job in order to dedicate more time to studying. However, I have read that it is generally not a good idea to have a large gap on your resume. So I am in the process of seeking a part time position. Does it matter what it is?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Not necessarily. Just as long as it's something meaningful. Even if it's volunteering. Also it would actually work in your favor if you're at least doing something part time that will essentially distract you from the LSAT. It's good to have a balance.

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    edited December 2018 275 karma

@Sprinkles what do you mean by “meaningful”? Does it have to be law related?

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited December 2018 11542 karma

@Isaiah4110 said:
    @Sprinkles what do you mean by “meaningful”? Does it have to be law related?

Hey, nope doesn't have to be law related. What I meant by meaningful is try to seek something that you find joy in and something that you could potentially talk about in an interview. Some examples could be volunteering at a homeless shelter or working for a nonprofit. If you can't seem to find such work, that's ok too as I'm sure law schools understand the importance of generating an income. The bottom line is to make sure you're doing something, but if it has meaning it would work in your favor. :)

275 karma

@Sprinkles thank you!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Have you left the job yet? I hope you find something before you actually leave. If not paid, then volunteering is wonderful.

275 karma

@lsatplaylist I left already and I’m in the process of applying to part time positions. I just wasn’t sure what type of job it has to be. I wouldn’t be able to continue my old job on a part time basis.