Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requesting Transcripts with Parchment

ksdenosksdenos Alum Member

Hi everyone,

Reading the LSAC website it says they do not accept transcripts sent by email, or electronically unless through a few providers. Parchment is one of those providers, however, they submit transcripts via email. On the Parchment website it says LSAC requires mail orders from them, but that directly conflicts with what the LSAC website says about accepting electronically through them. Has anyone else tackled this?

Thanks

Comments

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

Parchment will send them by mail and LSAC will accept them. You can’t have them informally emailed to you. Mailing them directly from Parchment is acceptable.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I don’t remember all the details but I sent it electronically from Parchment and it just worked. I remember wondering if it would, and it just did. It was perhaps my only personal triumph in this process haha

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited December 2018 2689 karma

I think maybe it has more to do with those companies being a trusted source? You're ordering it online through them, but maybe in between them and lsac, they go old school. The form says if you use one of the approved services, you apparently don't need to send the form, too. When I did them all the first time, I just attached the form to everything. LoL. For my updated ones, I think I'll just send it without (school uses Parchment).

Itching to update my credits. It was a good semester! :smile: Just waiting for them to finalize it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I also don't remember all the details, but it looks like one of my transcripts was through Parchment. But it also looks like it had to be mailed physically. So, since it was going regular mail, and you have to include the PDF thing from LSAC with any physically mailed transcript, there were instructions saying to request the transcript as "hold for pick up" and then email the registrar with the attachment that needs to be included and they mailed them together.

Super confusing, I don't know if that was remotely helpful. But, that is what I had to do with my 1 Parchment transcript. It was still being mailed physically, which then also requires an LSAC attachment to be mailed with it.