Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

172 from 152 Diagnostic

Victoria.Victoria. Member
in General 553 karma

I will be eternally grateful for this site and this community. My initial diagnostic was a 152 and I started studying a few years later. I was lucky to have decided on 7sage after researching other prep companies and I couldn't have made a better decision. Started studying feb/March of this year and after a bad test center experience and a cancel in Sept I miraculously got a 172 in November. I had only managed 2 171s while studying and that was only on retakes. Otherwise I was scoring between163-166 but my BR scores were always above 170, usually in the 175+ range. My mindset played a huge role in my score the second time around, as I had through the roof anxiety in September along with a 2+ hour test delay that I did not see coming. I had a newborn at home during the November administration (I delivered on Oct. 30th) so I thought my stress about leaving him and leaving him enough milk was going to negatively affect my performance but I think it played the opposite role - it pushed the lsat out of my thoughts because there were more important things to worry about. I accepted that however I did during November it didn't matter, I was still applying and everything would be ok no matter what. This was thanks to advice that I read on this forum a few weeks before the exam to just do what you have to do, in the long run your score and the school you attend will fade into the background, what you make of your career is what's going to matter. Your best is all you can do - especially because I felt as if I was more prepared this time around, I didn't take many prep tests in the few weeks before November (for obvious reasons), but I was scoring in an ideal range during timed sections. I think the key was getting out of my own head, accepting where I was at progress wise when test day came around and just approaching sections like I'd done time and time again, relying on habit, not worry. Never give up on yourself no matter your previous scores or circumstances. I was so close to accepting sept. (Which would have been a score nowhere near 170) as my only chance since I thought it would be close to impossible to test with a near two week old baby. I'm so glad that I didn't.

Comments

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

Thats amazing!! So happy for you, congrats! :)

• progresstakestimeprogresstakestime Alum Member
    48 karma

This is inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story!

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Wow this is incredible. Nothing more impressive than giving birth and scoring a 172 on the LSAT a couple weeks later

• 25Seamus25Seamus Member
    93 karma

Super inspiring! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story! I'm trying to gear up for a third take and this is super helpful!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

Congrats V!!

• Victoria.Victoria. Member
    553 karma

If I can be helpful in any way that'd be the best reward, thank you all for your kind words!

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    503 karma

How many hours did you study per week? What methods did you use to perfect logic games and RC?

553 karma

@vichinsky My study hours varied widely. I was pregnant when I started studying and had intense morning sickness when I started so I took my time through the cc and just studied at work when I could. Went slow into pts as well but a few months later when I stopped getting sick I would measure my study time more by sections and/pts. On pt days I would do 1 or 2 sections in the morning (started at 8) pt around 9/9:30, break, redo LG then blind review some. Days I wasn't doing a pt I would 2-3 timed sections with a redo of any LG sections and blind review of others. I didn't start consistently doing well at LG until after I foolproofed 1-35 AND had to take a week or so off to do 2-3 LG sections a day. With RC the trainer really saved me. it helped me focus more on establishing a consistent process that I had to use every RC section if I wanted to do well. I was still scoring -5 to -7 after this method but my goal was just to finish the section on time because i had only done so about 3 times in all of my prepping. I was able to finish with a few minutes to spare on test day which was a first for me. I think the mental game accounted for a huge part of my prep as well as figuring out strategies so I took plenty of breaks and never pushed myself when i was overwhelmed. Sporadic studying through out the day was key for me. If you want any more specific details feel free to message me or respond here!

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

This is so inspiring. Congratulations!

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congrats! It is a major achievement!!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats!!!

553 karma

Thank you! Also shout out to my study group @Kermit750 and @JK_fish92 who I am extremely grateful for

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

Couldn't imagine having to study while carrying a CHILD. Congrats!

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    503 karma

Thank you Victoria for your insight it was beneficial and greatly appreciated. Also congrats on the great score .

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

@"Victoria." You are a damn rockstar. Glad to know you.