Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling with LG

EvanWeberEvanWeber Member

Hey Guys,

So i took the November LSAT and got my score back a couple weeks ago (143). I need a 151-154 in order to attend the law schools of my choice but I am really struggling with LG, but I am encouraged because it is the easiest section to improve upon. When I took my November LSAT, I got the LG section twice, and I noticed that the language was noticeably different than the language used on the example videos provided to us by JY. Has anyone noticed this as well? I can preform the problems, I just struggle with identifying which game board the passage is revealing to me. The words used to reveal which board to use on older LSATS (LSATS in which JY uses as example to teach the curriculum) are different the language used on newer LSAT LG section.

Comments

• Rule No 8Rule No 8 Alum Member
    141 karma

The language has changed a little, but it is worth while to get to know this, who knows when they might throw some language like the old tests back at us. Looking at the first question can sometimes help you figure out what the game board should look like, especially if it is an exceptable situation question. Really use the foolproof method. It especially helps with game board setups. You definitely need to implement the newer games in as well, but don't worry too much about it until you finish the core-curriculum. The CC teaches you a lot about inferences--old games and new games have similar inferences (generally).

I also found I got used to the linear setups very quickly, where as grouping just took some time to get used to to see patterns in game structure.

Best of luck!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I really can't speak to the "language" part of your question; however I cannot recommend fool proofing enough. I correctly answered 3 LG questions on my diagnostic. After a year of study and >100 fool proofed games, I went -3 on my final LSAT. The process works if you work the process.

A technique is to incorporate LGs from PTs you take into your fool proofing bank of games. As long as you are taking recent PTs, the language should be similar.

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    edited January 2019 261 karma

I hit a breakthrough with this when I stopped trying to immediately assign a game board to a specific question and started to actually understand how the game operates. Often times, especially for hybrid grouping/sequencing, you can use a variety of different game boards to solve the problem. Aside from the immediately obvious sequencing games, in/out games, etc., on the upper end of the spectrum, it's more about what allows you to best represent the rules of the game than it is what board is correct for game X or Y.

I suggest you do a bunch of hybrid grouping games to get a feel for this. I'm assuming you don't have problems with identifying basic sequencing/grouping/etc, but are having issue with the more complex ones. If you are having trouble identifying basic sequencing, etc., then return to the core curriculum.

• EvanWeberEvanWeber Member
    9 karma

Thank you all very much! Just a young man trying to chase his dreams I appreciate all your help and will give all of your advice some thought. Thanks, again