Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what time arrive at test center? do doors close or open at 830am?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

what time do most people arrive at the test center? when is it recommended to arrive at the test center?

do the doors open or close at 830am?

is there any disadvantage to being the last person in the room? I would assume one would try to be one of the last persons because you can wait till the very end to use the bathroom (because once you get in the room, you can't use bathroom)?

once you are in the room, are you assigned a specific desk, or do you choose it freely? is there any disadvantage of being one of the last persons in the room (where you're like given the worst desk?)

Approximately what time do they start passing out test booklets and filling in bubbles? when does the 1st section usually begin?

sorry for the many questions! thank you!!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Haha this is a lot of questions, but they are all good ones and helpful to know.

They begin checking people in at 8:30. It depends on the sort of set up at your test center, how big of an area it is, etc. You can generally get into the building but cannot get into the testing rooms before 8:30 when check in begins. Once you have checked in, no going to the bathroom. So, I highly recommend using the restroom at roughly 8:25. :) Basically, as late as you can.

The only difference at my testing center with where you are in line was that they filled the rooms up front to back. So, if you want to be in the front, get in line early. If you prefer sitting toward the back, hang out and check in toward the end of the line. (They do assign you seats.) At my center, there's not really any good or bad seats. Personal preference if you want to sit toward the front or the back.

I would advise arriving no later than 8:00. Again, this depends on your location. Where I took it, there is very limited parking. I arrived at 7:45 to a half empty small parking lot. At about 8:00, there was a huge rush and the parking lot filled up super fast. Make sure you allow enough time to deal with logistics like the parking, walking to the building, etc.

I think it was probably around 8:50ish, give or take, that they started the process of passing out test booklets and the scantrons. The center where I took it, the rooms are very large so this is a long process. We didn't start the test until around 9:45. So, that puts the bathroom/snack break at around 11:30 - plan accordingly. :) The test ended around 1:30, and then they have to go through an orderly process of collecting everything. So, done around 1:45ish.

All those time markers are of course different depending on locations. Some places test in smaller rooms where the administrative stuff takes less time. But I would advise arriving no later than 8:00, probably 7:45 is about right. I liked having a little time to walk around (and use the bathroom twice) before check in begins.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

@"Leah M B"
    thanks so much!! :)