Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can someone explain the new LR explanation layout (the quintile range, 2 sets of difficulty ratings)

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

can someone explain the new LR explanation layout (the quintile range, 2 sets of difficulty ratings)

on LR explanations, next to the AC's there's like a box plot chart. Also, there are 2 sets of difficulty ratings. Sometimes they're different - like one is 5 star and another is 3 star.

Can someone explain what this all means? Thanks.

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

From what I gather, it basically shows you that chances/probability of you getting a certain question right based on where you score. So, say we both took PT84 and got a 160. For each question, it shows you the probability of you getting a question right based on mine and others who scored in the same range. So if the percentage is 90% and you got it wrong, then that's a bigger issue for you than if the chances of you getting it were lower, like 6% (which would imply it's a curve breaker question). I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.