Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fool Proof During or After CC? - 7Sage Forum

Fool Proof During or After CC?

BrianAggieBrianAggie Member
in Logic Games 124 karma

I am about 60% done with the CC. I plan to test Jun & July. LG is my weakest section however I fear that if I foolproof during the CC I will be stuck on the LG curriculum too long. I have already FP the first 3 PS for sequencing games.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2019 23929 karma

I started FP'ing after I finished the CC. I just did the games in the modules/problem sets (there's a good amount with Ult+) and FP'd those to learn the basics. I thought that approach worked well, for me at least.

• BrianAggieBrianAggie Member
    124 karma

Thanks for the response !

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

If it's your first time seeing the CC, do it when you're done. This is my second time going through the CC so I'm FPing while I'm learning again.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Hey! I'm also about 60% done with the CC and plan to test June & July. For any game that I don't get all of the answers right on the first try, I do it again (and again, if needed), but I'm going to back through them, whenever I have time, including post-CC, to FP for time.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Totally changing my answer on this...I didn't take the actual test yesterday, but I took a free proctored PT, and I had my first experience with what if feels like to have an LG disaster. As in, I was halfway through the third game when I heard the shocking "there are five minutes remaining." I think my performance on the rest of the test was solid, but if it had been the real deal, it wouldn't have mattered. I would have been devastated. So now that I'm 75% through the CC, I'm switching gears to just foolproofing every game I can like it's nobody's business. A lot of the later part of the CC is just taking PTs and reviewing them, so we can do that anytime (I intend to alter which PTs since I've already burned through so many).I just got a large binder and filled it with plastic sheet protectors and two packs of super thin dry erase markers and erasers. I'm going to see if that works for foolproofing so that I don't wreck our printer by printing 10 copies of every game I can get my hands on. Foolproofing every day from now until the June test (with breaks, including weeklong breaks) is the only way I can feel more comfortable about not experiencing that horrible sinking feeling of blowing a whole LG section. Let's face it, these games are hard, for a lot of us anyway, and we have to dedicate ourselves to disciplined practice. I feel sad that this happened to me, but it's learnable and I'm fucking determined now. Let's never give up!