Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Normal to feel a little lost?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
Aiming for the October LSAT.

I am currently around 35% through the core curriculum. While I feel I have a better overall understanding of things and that stuff is coming together nicely (scoring around 7/10 on the quizzes), I do still feel somewhat lost at points. It's as if some of what I am learning isn't sticking.

Naturally I am just in the infancy of my LSAT career - but is this feeling normal? Or should I be finishing each section in the core curriculum with the "I have a 100% concrete, rock-solid, iron-clad understanding of EVERYTHING I just read" feeling?

I'm sure things will really come together when I start drilling PTs.

Any wisdom is welcomed and appreciated!

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Completely normal :) some lessons may be a bit more difficult since it's something new you've never been exposed to but at least you're able to re-watch them. Usually by the 2nd or 3rd time of re-watching a lesson you'll have a better understanding of it. Also, drilling helps a ton. By drilling you'll see if you completely understand a lesson or if you need to review again.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Totally normal. :) You're learning something new, after all. Like all things, practice makes perfect and you can do it!

• mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited March 2015 938 karma
    I love that show! I've been following Donald Glover since his YT days (even though the gif doesn't have Donald Glover in it hehe) I miss Troy :(! @"Dillon A. Wright"
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    Totally normal! And when in doubt, you can always star certain lessons and come back to them. The... probably only not horrible thing about the LSAT is its cumulative nature. So even if a certain question type doesn't click now, you've probably been practicing for it through another type without even realizing it.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Totally normal :) everything gets so much easier after repeated, repeated, repeated exposure. You've got this!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    It is TOTALLY normal @jamesjentucker every 7sager advising you here has gone thru the material MULTIPLE times.... its part of the process... that is what builds fundamentals for this test
  • chupacabrachupacabra Member
    64 karma
    I was honestly just about to ask this question. i am doing the same as you, getting about 7 or 8 out of 10 for every quiz. You're not alone. all i can say is that because of this course, my understanding of questions and my overall score has gone up and the skys the limit. Keep your chin up. You and i will get better. Keep following the course outline, doing JYs recommendations and Im sure i will see you in law school one day :)
  • JustinaJJustinaJ Alum Member
    223 karma
    I am feeling the same but I know I have improved from just actually *understanding* the fundamentals and foundation of the words I am reading! :) Keep pushing forward!