Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cornell Kira Interview

Hi everyone! Today I got an email from Cornell requesting a Kira interview and started googling it online. What I initially thought would be a simple online interview actually turned out to be a challenging Q&A based on the posts I've found online. I'm really nervous now, can you let me know your experiences about it? Were there current events in the interview process they quizzed you about?

Comments

• msk12345msk12345 Alum Member
    247 karma

I did the interview for this cycle and was accepted. They ask you not to discuss specifics so I can't do that. But my overriding advice is to not to sweat it! You are smart and capable to have made it this far, and they just want to hear your thoughts. I don't think there are any "right" answers; they just want to see that you are relatively well-informed and can articulate your thoughts under a little bit of pressure. Just relax and be yourself.

• jaisykim93jaisykim93 Alum Member
    27 karma

Thank you for your insight!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

As mentioned above, they specifically request that you not share the questions with others, so I can’t give details. But I would say, for all interviews, you should be ready to answer some basics: why law, why that school, your strengths and weaknesses. Cornell does have an interview that is a bit different from others, but I would say that you can’t necessarily prepare for them. Just try to go into it without too much anxiety over things. You want to be in a good head space of being relaxed but ready to think quickly and answer with confidence! They just want to get a sense of who you are as a person, see some of your thought processes, etc. All Kira interviews are inherently awkward though, and schools know that. So don’t worry about coming across as 100% your best - they have some grace for when we fumble too lol. (And I felt like my interview was awful but I was just accepted! So really, don’t put too much pressure on yourself.