Rant - Kira Interview

karko2525karko2525 Member
edited January 2021 in Law School Admissions 620 karma

Hey guys, this is really just a rant from me because I just finished my NU Kira interview and let's just say no amount of practice prepared me lmfao The questions weren't tough by any means, but as someone who has pretty bad anxiety, I just choked for like 3/6 of the questions. I did become more comfortable for the last 4 questions, but oof. I did 24 rounds of practice and still managed to slaughter myself in the 6 question interview LOL brb while I go cry in a corner since I may have just ruined my chances lmfao Good luck to everyone who is still applying and are interviewing soon!🥲🥲 If anyone has some interesting interview stories or rants they would like to tell, please comment below. I'm going to need some funny stories to get over this.

Edit: if anyone had a bad interview and still got admitted, please comment below. Need some sort of hope 😂😭

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited January 2021 8313 karma

Kiras are super awkward. Just knowing you're talking to no one. It's a common experience. I did cornell and I think northwestern last cycle and remember being cut off a few times, and also finishing early and staring awkwardly at the camera for a few seconds.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@canihazJD thanks for the reassurance! I completely agree about the awkwardness of the whole thing. Initially, I thought doing an online interview would actually help my nerves, but I was very wrong. Once the camera started rolling, my mind turned into scrambled egg and I couldn't formulate eloquent sentences fast enough. I just hope admissions doesn't completely ding me for this haha

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I think that many people feel this way with recorded video interviews and perform this way. Don't stress it too much. For one thing, nothing to do about it, but for another, you are definitely not alone in this. I have never met someone that did a video interview and did not feel it was awkward. I would guess the majority of their interviews are a bit awkward.

• 70 karma

By some miracle, I got on a T20 waitlist with numbers below the medians, and my Kira interview was awful. I just rambled incomprehensibly until time was up. I guess the admissions officers saw something special in me :smiley:

I agree with the others. Just do your best and you'll be fine.