Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inferences

Marce2020-1Marce2020-1 Free Trial Member
edited March 2019 in Logic Games 24 karma

Hi Im new to this blog and would like to know if there are any suggestions on how to make accurate and complete (AS MUCH AS THERE ARE TO MAKE :-) ) inferences on this Logic Games section!
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I use a method that another user on 7sage created, but I changed it up a bit. I would provide the link for it, but I am unable to find it. This is what I am doing though and honestly, it just comes to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Logic Games FoolProof BINDER TECHNIQUE
    Once you have finished the lessons of the Logic Games, you are going to print off the the logic games bundle which has EVERY game from tests 1-35. Now those games, you want to do atleast 1 game EVERY DAY. Make piles, time yourself, repeat the ones you miss, continue the next day, and don't stop. The piles get bigger, it gets frusterating, keep watching the videos, and you will be fine.

Basically, I decided to print off the logic games bundle which was like all the games from PTs 1-35. I also added to the binder if I did a PT and would just put the games into the binder afterwards. I’ve been using google sheets to track my time, how many I got wrong, what date I first took the test, and more. If I got it wrong the first time, it goes in the second binder which is for more practice. If I missed questions, I would highlight it in red. I highlight in yellow if I had timing problems or if I’m just not 100% confident in the game and got lucky. I move those games to the second binder.

So, I’ll do like 10 PTs, move games accordingly to the second binder, redo the games, and see if there is improvement. If there is improvement, I move the games in the yellow tab for “practice”, but if I still suck…they stay in the red tab.

Usually, I just try the game, time myself, and step away from it. I will try to finish atleast 4 games. Then, I look over the games once more and decide if I want to stick to the answers or not. Which is sort of my BR, I guess. Then, I check the games! For the logic games, I swear it will just click because they just are repeated over and over.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Take your time with your diagrams. If you spend the time up front, you'll go through the questions much faster. In my personal experience, you don't have to make every single possible inference for every game in order to do the questions quickly and accurately. And when you're doing the test, you just won't know for sure if you've made every single inference.

• Marce2020-1Marce2020-1 Free Trial Member
    24 karma

Thanks Princess & Miss Chanandler I will try your approaches !

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

@Princess Can you tell me where to logic games bundle? There is so much focus on foolproofing 1-35 that I imagined that we all had access to them, but I can't find them anywhere. Do only the higher levels of subscription have those? So far i've been working on foolproofing the games that are part of the CC, and I inherited some of the "Actual, Official LSAT" series books from a friend-of-a-friend (7-18 and 29-38) so I'm planning to foolproof those if I don't have access here, but it seems like you know what's up so I thought I would ask. :)

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hi! I believe the 7sage has removed the bundle, but they have the drilling sections like 1-9 logic games. You could print those out and then print 10-19, 20-29, 30-40..etc. Before they used to have a bundle which was 1-35. You will have access to the videos for logic games, but you may not have access to ALL of the preptests.

@aisling said:
    @Princess Can you tell me where to logic games bundle? There is so much focus on foolproofing 1-35 that I imagined that we all had access to them, but I can't find them anywhere. Do only the higher levels of subscription have those? So far i've been working on foolproofing the games that are part of the CC, and I inherited some of the "Actual, Official LSAT" series books from a friend-of-a-friend (7-18 and 29-38) so I'm planning to foolproof those if I don't have access here, but it seems like you know what's up so I thought I would ask. :)

@aisling said:

• alyssa.hunt86alyssa.hunt86 Free Trial Member
    edited March 2019 47 karma

An inference, for the sake of the LSAT, is something that must absolutely be true, based on the information presented.

For example, if the conditions said that if X is present then Y is not, while also saying that Y and Z must be present together, then it must be true (it can be inferred) that if X is present then Z is not present with it because the rules says that Y and Z must be together and that if X is there, Y is not.

So, when you make an inference, you are stating what must be true given the relationship between the facts.

Another example, let's say these are the facts:

Timmy loves to eat cake.
    Claire bought a cake from the store yesterday.
    Today, the cake was gone.
    Timmy was the only one at home today.

We can infer that Timmy ate the cake.

..Hope this makes sense or helps some way!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I hate to be nitpicky, but the example above isn't quite accurate. If this were an LR question, "Timmy ate the cake" would not HAVE to be true.
    -Timmy could have thrown the cake away
    -Claire could have eaten it before taking it home
    etc.