Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Diagram Strategy

etkowalskietkowalski Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 34 karma

In general, for Logic Games execution, I am curious do most write directly on their base diagram or create local diagrams incorporating the new inference specific to the question? For some games when I split the board I don’t see this as much of an issue (although it still can be), but when I have one base diagram I find myself erasing a lot as I move to the next Q which inherently feels like I’m wasting time. Curious if others find it more efficient to draw up a whole new diagram or erase from the base and fill in the new inference for each subsequent Q. I feel like erasing causes me to lose work I can refer back to later, but writing out whole new diagrams feels like it can take up time as well.

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Definitely don't touch your main diagram. It's the base for most of your work and it would take more time as you've found. There's a ton of space on the paper, so for every question that requires a new game board draw up one, using your main diagram as a reference. Writing new diagrams can seem time consuming, but when the process gets intuitive, you begin to deduce when it's worth drawing up a new board especially with questions where every single answer choice requires a new diagram, and you get faster. Hope this helps.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

I've never tried writing directly onto my original game board (I'm doing mine in pen because I'll be taking the new version in September) but my immediate fear of writing on my original game board and erasing would be: what if I forget to erase part of it, or it's not clear, and I do the rest of the questions with a false inference? eek! Throughout his videos, JY specifically instructs copying game boards over to new versions for questions that need them, so I think you'll find that most people in this community do just that.

• etkowalskietkowalski Free Trial Member
    edited March 2019 34 karma

Thanks for the advice! For some reason this habit formed from the very first logic game I took, and I haven’t thought to address it since it seemed like a minor inconvenience at first. Now, it totally makes sense how writing out new diagrams is more efficient and yields higher accuracy. I’ll definitely start implementing this into my process. Thanks again!