Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranking PT difficulties.

Positive-1Positive-1 Alum Member
in General 985 karma

Is there a way to rank the most difficult PT in a given year? Thank you in Advance.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The whole point of the LSAT is kind of that it's a standardized test, meaning, a 160 on one test is the same as a 160 on a different administration. If the PTs were able to be ranked by difficulty, then the scores would be a useless way to compare applicants. Now, what you can do is look at the curve of the test. If the curve is say -9 (nine problems wrong to get a 170), then the test is SLIGHTLY easier than a test with a curve of say -12. It's not easier to get the 170 exactly, but the questions might be slightly slightly easier.

Now, having said all that, some PTs will definitely be easier than others to you individually because of your personal strengths and weaknesses.

• Positive-1Positive-1 Alum Member
    985 karma

@MissChanandler was trying to make a study plan to cover one PT a week for the rest of the weeks before test and wanted to create a plan for selecting PTs to take. Is there a better plan to select PTs.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

No. Most folks do them chronologically. You really wanna be focusing on PT 70-86 in the last 3 months of your prep.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think that going in numerical order is great! Makes it easy to keep track of, and you make sure to expose yourself to the most recent tests. If you're worried about saving PTs for a potential retake, you could also just go in order but only do the odd or even number PTs. I would recommend using PTs in the 60s+

985 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 @MissChanandler Thanks for the advice. Will work on them.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Personally I think the newer lsats have more difficult LR sections especially the 80's.

I average - 2 to - 3 on the 60's and 70's with a few - 0's in there but when I hit the 80's I had - 5's come up... Your knowledge of the CC has to be crisper and you have to be sharper for the 80's tests.
    My recommendation: do. Odds or Even numbered pts make sure you hit the 80's atleast a month before your exam. Otherwise you are preparing for an easier test and you don't want to be shocked two weeks out when lr gets more difficult.

RC and LG tend to be about the same save for rise in the prevalence of misc games in the 80's

985 karma

@michael_theodore thanks, Will definitely work on '80s.