Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High score with LSAT starter course?

Snoopy123Snoopy123 Alum Member
in General 105 karma

Just wondering if anybody who has had the LSAT starter course was able to get a 168 or higher. If so, what are some of your tips? Would love to hear your experiences towards a 168+

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Not sure about specific scores, but the Starter course makes available a certain number of explanations for LR and RC, v. other courses have a lot more LR and RC explanations and PTs. However, if you're mostly wanting LG explanations, it may be a good way to go. Or many people have used the Starter course for getting through the CC, then progressed to the other courses. It can be easier to pay for that way.

• thecmancanthecmancan Alum Member
    161 karma

I didn't take a traditional diagnostic. But for LR alone, my very first blind stab at J07, I finished 10 questions, mostly wrong in 35 minutes. After CC I'm at about -7 and had time to go back and check on 1-2 tough questions.

After about 6 RC passages and finished the LR curriculum, I went from -15 RC to about --6. My first day at JY's Columbia clinic I got maybe 2 questions right in 2 passages.

With CC I know where I have to be better and quicker to make improvements. I'm a long way from 168-170 but if I can get -1 consistently on LG and get to -3 or -4 on LR and RC, I feel like 170 is not unobtainable with 7sage curriculum.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    edited April 2019 289 karma

I have Starter and my first PT after completing the CC was 165 (diagnostic 156). Obviously that's not a 168+ (yet) but getting there!

My biggest area for improvement is LG, so that's where I'm excited to put my most focus by foolproofing all games from the CC and then all games I encounter in the PTs.

• aussie_zacaussie_zac Alum Member
    90 karma

I'm on the starter plan and am using the CC from 7sage but supplementing the practice with the free resources from Khan Academy. I'm only 2 weeks in so too early to say how effective it's been but basically I'm looking to nail as much of the CC as I can in a month and then practice on Khan and come back to CC when I see which question types I am struggling with.

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    edited April 2019 126 karma

I had the starter plan and received a 169.

I think it's really important that, if you have the starter package, you also have access to an adequate number of PTs to use for both full tests and drills. I purchased a few (maybe 4 or 5) "1-10 PT" books published by LSAC. I cannibalized older PTs for drills and used the newer tests for full exams.

• pkern888pkern888 Alum Member
    23 karma

i have the starter course! my diagnostic was a 154 and i am currently scoring 164-166 ish. taking the june LSAT and hoping to improve by a couple more points in the next month!