Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I get tired around 1pm.

Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
in June 2019 LSAT 2186 karma

Does anyone else have this problem? Early morning PTs were no issue but since June is in the afternoon, I started taking them around that time and have noticed that's usually when my brain feels like shutting down. Maybe its because of lunch? Maybe it's because I tend to wake up early. I dunno but has anyone figured out how to overcome this themselves? I'm thinking about eating an early and light lunch or taking a power nap/meditating before the test might help but haven't tried that.

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

I guess just do your best to alter your eating and sleeping habits now so you have time to adjust before the test. I work at night usually and had to adjust my entire schedule in the few weeks leading up to the November test so I was more alert and ready early in the morning. You kind of have the opposite issue to figure out. Either way try to hit whatever amount of sleep you need to stay sharp and try to be consistent.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

Try taking an espresso shot before your power nap. Wake up 20-30 mins later and you'll feel great.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I had the opposite problem haha. Total night owl, early morning test was tough for me. On someone else's advice, I took a brisk 15-20 minute walk after waking up. It helps the blood flow and wake up your brain and body. Maybe something like that? And/or I'd play around with caffeine and see if something helps, although you need to be careful with things like coffee or soda that might make you need a restroom break haha.

• Trust the ProcessTrust the Process Alum Member
    304 karma

I have the same problem as you. My body naturally wakes up around 7am so I get tired around noon at work. Im going to wake up as normal but take a quick nap around 9am and eat a light lunch.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm definitely leaning toward coffee or tea and a short power nap. I've also been testing exercise and I've noticed getting the blood flowing to my brain really helps! pushups, handstands, etc.

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    edited May 2019 849 karma

1/2 5 hour energy 20 min before the test, the other half during the 15 min break. Is it healthy? No. Is it a good habit? No. Does it work? Yes. (for me)

• D2446829D2446829 Member
    109 karma

Eating early & lightly should definitely help! I've been trying ~11:30 for 1PM PTs and it's been fine. I'd also second taking a walk (15-20 min), even for the 1PM test.

This might be rather obvious but the biggest thing to avoid a brain shut down I find is just avoiding too much prep on the morning of! I do a few warm up questions and try to just relax until the test haha