Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Question Types not in CC?

CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
in General 148 karma

I just did my first PT which included 2 question types I have never encountered before: Substitution Equivalence LG questions and a Comparative RC Passage. It was pretty stunning to first see them since I have done the entire CC and they were never mentioned. I found the hidden SE lesson in the upper PTs and I dug around a little bit and found JYs strat for Comparative RC but now I'm wondering:

Are there any other new question types from recent PTs that are not part of the CC?

If so, where can I find resources to tackle them?

Comments

• LSATTrevLSATTrev Member
    68 karma

I think SE questions are buried further in the curriculum because they're incredibly hard. JY says that you should just skip these questions unless you have a high level of mastery with logic games; they're not worth the time sink if you can't do them quickly. The best way to become fluent with them is just to do a lot of LG.

As for Comparative RC, they're a relatively new innovation. Older tests didn't feature them. Maybe Reading Comp core should be updated to account for them.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

yeah I don't think, JY has a comparative passage lesson but every explanation of comparative passages serves as a way to better understand his approach so I recommend watching those explanations! There are no new question types I know of.

• chadwickangchadwickang Alum Member
    29 karma

Where did you find the resources for Comparative RC? I would love to hit those.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma

Excluding the June 2007 PT, comparative passages for RC starts with PT 52:
    https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-52-section-4-passage-2-passage/

(This is not included in the CC)

Substitution and Equivalence for LG Lesson in CC:
    https://7sage.com/lesson/substitution-and-equivalence-theory

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    148 karma

@jyang72 thank you for tagging the resources!

Are there any other new question types we should be on the lookout for?