Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How many PTs did you take? - 7Sage Forum

How many PTs did you take?

bennn LSATbennn LSAT Core Member
edited July 2019 in General 96 karma

How many PTs did you take to reach a score you were happy with?

And if you don’t mind sharing, what was your diagnostic score, your goal score, and how long did you study to achieve that score?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma

Diagnostic: didn’t take one, but first PT after three months of studying: 152

Goal score: 170

Study duration: 1.5 years for official 170. A little longer for official 176.

PT’s taken: all, many multiple times.

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    edited January 2020 214 karma

About 15. I thought that a good number so I didn't burn out.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 917 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Diagnostic: didn’t take one, but first PT after three months of studying: 152

Goal score: 170

Study duration: 1.5 years for official 170. A little longer for official 176.

PT’s taken: all, many multiple times.

I was wondering when you were retaking PTs, did you have fresh ones left over? The reason I ask is because I took PTs 1-63 and im close to scoring where I want to be but not quite there yet so I've been retaking and drilling sections in old PTs. I wanted to save the last 20 or so PTs for when I'm scoring a few points higher than my target score. Or would you just go through the new PTs and start retaking only once you've finished everything?

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

It took me a little over a year but I took breaks of a few months here and there so I think total study time was around 10 months. 25 PTs, fool-proofed LG 1-35. I didn't take a diagnostic but I assume it would have been in the low 150's. Final score was 169.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

151 Diagnostic
    Took 60-86 timed and LG Foolproofed basically all
    Averaged around 165 after 7 months
    Didn't start railing PT's until after 4.5 months of study

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2019 1866 karma

Diagnostic: 147 (I'd seen some of the games and questions before though)
    Goal Score: 170+
    Time: It took me a bit over two years to hit my official 174, though I wasn't studying all that time and took months off. In terms of just months, it was about 8 months of full-time study and 10 months part-time.
    PTs: I've taken all of them, a good portion multiple times over. My final jump from my previous official 168 to 174 was all retakes with no new exams.

For anyone out there wondering: No, there isn't a magic number of PTs to a specific score...sadly 😂

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma

30 PTs, 173

• 87thebends87thebends Free Trial Member
    edited July 2019 15 karma

Studied on and off 1.5 years and ended up getting a 176 (after a 166/169).

I took all exams except PT 84. I took the exams first as full length and then I retook them as practice sections. I’d recommend leaving fresh ones available until you know this is your final LSAT.

Also, if you run out of exams, check LSAT India tests. I couldn’t find a way to convert to 180 scale but they kept me fresh.

EDIT: 156 diagnostic