Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many PTs did you take?

bennn LSATbennn LSAT Core Member
edited July 2019 in General 96 karma

How many PTs did you take to reach a score you were happy with?

And if you don’t mind sharing, what was your diagnostic score, your goal score, and how long did you study to achieve that score?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Diagnostic: didn’t take one, but first PT after three months of studying: 152

Goal score: 170

Study duration: 1.5 years for official 170. A little longer for official 176.

PT’s taken: all, many multiple times.

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    edited January 2020 214 karma

About 15. I thought that a good number so I didn't burn out.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 917 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Diagnostic: didn’t take one, but first PT after three months of studying: 152

Goal score: 170

Study duration: 1.5 years for official 170. A little longer for official 176.

PT’s taken: all, many multiple times.

I was wondering when you were retaking PTs, did you have fresh ones left over? The reason I ask is because I took PTs 1-63 and im close to scoring where I want to be but not quite there yet so I've been retaking and drilling sections in old PTs. I wanted to save the last 20 or so PTs for when I'm scoring a few points higher than my target score. Or would you just go through the new PTs and start retaking only once you've finished everything?

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

It took me a little over a year but I took breaks of a few months here and there so I think total study time was around 10 months. 25 PTs, fool-proofed LG 1-35. I didn't take a diagnostic but I assume it would have been in the low 150's. Final score was 169.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

151 Diagnostic
    Took 60-86 timed and LG Foolproofed basically all
    Averaged around 165 after 7 months
    Didn't start railing PT's until after 4.5 months of study

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2019 1866 karma

Diagnostic: 147 (I'd seen some of the games and questions before though)
    Goal Score: 170+
    Time: It took me a bit over two years to hit my official 174, though I wasn't studying all that time and took months off. In terms of just months, it was about 8 months of full-time study and 10 months part-time.
    PTs: I've taken all of them, a good portion multiple times over. My final jump from my previous official 168 to 174 was all retakes with no new exams.

For anyone out there wondering: No, there isn't a magic number of PTs to a specific score...sadly 😂

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma

30 PTs, 173

• 87thebends87thebends Free Trial Member
    edited July 2019 15 karma

Studied on and off 1.5 years and ended up getting a 176 (after a 166/169).

I took all exams except PT 84. I took the exams first as full length and then I retook them as practice sections. I’d recommend leaving fresh ones available until you know this is your final LSAT.

Also, if you run out of exams, check LSAT India tests. I couldn’t find a way to convert to 180 scale but they kept me fresh.

EDIT: 156 diagnostic