Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many PTs did you take before the real test day?

orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 216 karma
Before you get the score you are satisfied?

Not sure how to attach the poll...

Comments

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Everyone is different. It depends what score you want and what you already know.

Also depends on your pride, and your health and focus and what you do for a day job or if you go to school.

It just depends on everything.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @nanchito said:
    It just depends on everything.
    True. For some people 10 is enough, others 20, and some 30.

It truly does depend on everything from your diagnostic, to your goal, to your innate LSAT/reasoning abilities. There is no "right" answer.

I know answers like this can be unhelpful, so I'll leave you with this. MOST (not all, but most) of the high scorers I personally know did around ~30 PTs. Sometimes multiple times.
  • jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
    244 karma
    I took 24 and improved 15 points from my diagnostic on test day. Im retaking in June.
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    edited October 2016 216 karma
    Thank you for all of your insight.
  • CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    476 karma
    I finished around 24 PTs. I focused heavily on the 60s and 70s. 40s were considered easier ones so I didn't do much of the 40s.
  • Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    I took and BR'd every single preptest that wasn't covered in the curriculum (36 - 78), and I would probably advise doing the same thing. I scored a 159 on my first preptest after finishing the curriculum (from a 153 diagnostic), and ended up consistently scoring in the high 160s before test day, and ended up with a 170 on the September exam.

The 40 or so preptests I completed were definitely a grind, but with a reasonable timeframe for studying, it definitely doesn't hurt to complete all of them before test day. You'll not only reinforce the concepts you learned in the curriculum, but by the time you reach the actual test, doing preptests will become so habitual that the real thing will simply feel like another PT.

Cheers, and best of luck.
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    216 karma
    Thank you guys :)