Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many games did you foolproof before seeing results?

haadiakhahaadiakha Alum Member
in Logic Games 22 karma

I'm really struggling with the logic games section, whenever I see a game for the first time I tend to struggle. I've foolproofed about 40 games so far, I was wondering after how many games do people foolproof before seeing results?

Comments

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    401 karma

In terms of improvement, for me it's been after a lot of games. I'm still working on it too. I'm in the 60's right now and I still go back to old games frequently and redo them after fool proofing to 'make sure.' Studying games always feels the most grind-ish because you are doing a lot of games every day and often you're doing the same game up to 5 times or more to the point where you get nauseous by just looking at the game (for me this was the Chemists, Botanists, Zoologists game). It can be very grueling and demoralizing but you just got to trust the process. If you follow the process you will see results guaranteed.

• mrbuttonsmrbuttons Alum Member
    179 karma

For me it was a crazy amount. So much so that I began to only print out one copy of each game and then using binder protective sleeves and a dry erase marker. This way I saved paper and wouldn't be building a mountain of paper. It has at the end however helped me lot. I used to get 12-15 answers wrong but after a few months of the process I was able improve big time. On the Nov LSAT I got 3 three. Shortly before test I was getting 3-5 wrong so thankfully that helped out big time on test day. It works trust me.... but it will be time consuming. After a while you will realize that games have the same structure and same inferences with a tad few differences that can be managed.

• 246 karma

@haadiakha said:
    I'm really struggling with the logic games section, whenever I see a game for the first time I tend to struggle. I've foolproofed about 40 games so far, I was wondering after how many games do people foolproof before seeing results?

I don’t have an exact number but I’d say it’s probably around like 200 total games including repeats. I would do some games as many as 10 times over. Redoing the same game for me was big, I really tried to force out the inferences time and time again and eventually it did just click.

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma

Personally I never got that good at games. I ended up getting a 173 with only doing 3 games and guessing on the final game. Mentally the section didn't jive with me -- but it took about 50 sections for me to get there. In the beginning I was really bad

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@"Stevie C" said:
    Personally I never got that good at games. I ended up getting a 173 with only doing 3 games and guessing on the final game. Mentally the section didn't jive with me -- but it took about 50 sections for me to get there. In the beginning I was really bad

Damn thats crazy. How good were u at RC? That to me is the hardest section by far

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Took me about 5 months get my first -0 timed LG. I played basically every game from 1-50 and most of the 60's by that point. I had done them timed, BR'ed them, 7saged them, and played them again.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

I first did the whole bundle (PT 1-35 LG) in what was probably an insufficiently repetitive manner hoping it'd be enough. Eventually, I decided to go back and do the whole bundle over again - this time making sure to -0 the game in the recommended time and then do it again after roughly a week (it probably wasn't always precisely a week later, but I'd redo a game 5-9 days again after having completed it on time without missing any questions). Only after using that process with the whole bundle did I start to feel good about my LG skills. I did this for July's test and the LG section from July seemed fairly easy - the only mistake I made was not splitting up a game I should've definitely thought to split up into SGBs. I'm still going back through and repeating some games from the bundle now in preparation for either September or October, just to stay fresh and on top of things. You can't be too good at LG - it's really the key to top scores I think.

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

I printed out all the games from PT 1-40 but I was also doing practice sections everyday (ie LR - LG or LR - RC) from more recent tests.
    However I did redo games over twice or three times if I didn’t get most of them right on the first try.
    After I got to about PT 12 LG, I guess in total I probably did over 20-30 sections worth (~80-120 games), I started consistently hitting over 20 correct per section. I average anywhere between 1-3 wrong now. On my actual lsat I got 3 wrong, welp but wasn’t too sad about it.
    Once you got the method and then the speed, you’re gold. If the games is your hardest section, it’s a good thing!