Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Forums

jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member

Hoping to get some insight on LSAC forums -- are they worth going to, and if so, what do you get out of them? Application waivers, a boost in admissions? Is it an informal interview in some cases? Also, does anyone know where I can find the dates for LSAC forums this coming year? I'm hoping to apply this fall. I want to apply as early as possible, so probably October.

Thanks!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

You get a lot of info about each school and a TON of waivers. You also get a chance to talk to someone on the admissions team and can get insight into what they are really looking for in applicants. I went to the one in SF two years ago and it helped me figure out which schools I wanted to apply to!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma
  • jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
    86 karma

@"selene.steelman" thank you very much!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Valuable takeaways from attending a forum: honest conversations with current students/alumni about professors, programming, and school resources; and names, email addresses and direct conversations with admissions officers. You can follow up with the reps and establish an email connection with someone in the admissions office. They can be a valuable resource later in the application cycle if you have questions. You can also refer to your conversations as demonstrated interest in the school in a PS, Why X essay, or future LOCI.

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    You get a lot of info about each school and a TON of waivers. You also get a chance to talk to someone on the admissions team and can get insight into what they are really looking for in applicants. I went to the one in SF two years ago and it helped me figure out which schools I wanted to apply to!

decided to go after I read your first sentence lol

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    You get a lot of info about each school and a TON of waivers.

I had actually never heard of the LSAC forums until reading this thread. With regards to getting waivers... could you elaborate a little more on this? Do they just hand them out? Do you need to do something to obtain/qualify for them?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@MIT_2017 said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    You get a lot of info about each school and a TON of waivers.

I had actually never heard of the LSAC forums until reading this thread. With regards to getting waivers... could you elaborate a little more on this? Do they just hand them out? Do you need to do something to obtain/qualify for them?

Hand em out like candy. Can also ask if they have any as well.