Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Better

ajroks08ajroks08 Alum Member
in General 51 karma

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how to read better. By this I mean being able to read quicker and being able to retain more info from the passage.

Thanks!

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

I finally gave in and got a subscription to the Economist. It doesn't cost much and I can see why people recommend it for reading retention. If you have a couple of months, I'd say go for it.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

One of the webinars called Active Reading may speak to this.

• ajroks08ajroks08 Alum Member
    51 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    One of the webinars called Active Reading may speak to this.

Where can I find these webinars?

• Gee-dawgGee-dawg Member
    319 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm hey could you explain on how the Economist is helpful? I’ve seen that too but just don’t know how it would help improve the RC.
    Thanks!

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

It's hard to explain, but I feel like it's helpful in the abstract. I edit gossip and entertainment for a living, so I don't read many stories that involve science, history, economics or politics. Certainly not long passages with that sort of content. That's what the Economist is chock full of...it's getting me more in the practice of reading on those topics. It's well-written and assumes an educated audience. After I read a story, I often tell my husband or a friend about what I just read. Like, in a sentence. That way, BAM, I just learned how to let all of that jargon soak in and retained the main points. I hope that's helpful.