Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Videos on Art for Reading Comp better understanding

Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
edited February 2018 in Reading Comprehension 181 karma

Hi Guys,
I was going through PT1 Reading comp passage. In that JY has recommended to watch some videos on Art if you are unfamiliar with the various terminologies of Art. Can anyone suggest me some good youtube channels/documentaries to watch for better understanding of Art?
Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Hi! I recommend this channel:

• Do the right wayDo the right way Alum Member
    181 karma

@akistole Thanks for your input. I will watch all the videos in philinthecircle channel. :smiley: Can you please help me with your youtube channel recommendations on Humanities as well ?
    Being an engineer, I don't have much familiarity with the topics like philosophy , sociology etc. Help will be really appreciated :smile:

9377 karma

@"Do the right way" said:
    @akistole Thanks for your input. I will watch all the videos in philinthecircle channel. :smiley: Can you please help me with your youtube channel recommendations on Humanities as well ?
    Being an engineer, I don't have much familiarity with the topics like philosophy , sociology etc. Help will be really appreciated :smile:

I don't know if you know about it, but my go-to YouTube channel is CrashCourse!

Philosophy:
    Sociology:

edited February 2018 181 karma

Great :)
    Nopes, this channel is also new to me. I will go through these for better understanding in reading comp passages.
    Thanks a lot @akistole

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@akistotle Thank you!

These videos are gold! <3

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

These vids will definitely for passages like Eileen Grey

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@akistotle thank you for these, they are amazing!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Love Crash Course! Check out Kurzgesagt too. One of my favorites.

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

For a series on art, I liked The Power of Art. It mixed biography and analysis in ways that we're similar to the LSAT passages.
    For humanities, the podcast "Entitled Opinions" had a good array. Some we're far too purely philosophical for any LSAT likeness, but the literary topics could be particularly relevant.

9377 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Love Crash Course! Check out Kurzgesagt too. One of my favorites.

I love this channel! They explain the “dark matter” problem better than Crash Course does.

181 karma

For a series on art, I liked The Power of Art. It mixed biography and analysis in ways that we're similar to the LSAT passages.For humanities, the podcast "Entitled Opinions" had a good array. Some we're far too purely philosophical for any LSAT likeness, but the literary topics could be particularly relevant.

@cstrobel Can you pls tell that "The power of Art" series by which channel ? There are many Power of Art series in the youtube channel .

@akistole Yes the "The dark matter " video was quite interesting :smiley: Thanks a lot for sharing.

• cstrobelcstrobel Alum Member
    228 karma

For a series on art, I liked The Power of Art. It mixed biography and analysis in ways that we're similar to the LSAT passages.For humanities, the podcast "Entitled Opinions" had a good array. Some we're far too purely philosophical for any LSAT likeness, but the literary topics could be particularly relevant.

@cstrobel Can you pls tell that "The power of Art" series by which channel ? There are many Power of Art series in the youtube channel .

It was originally through the BBC, hosted by Simon Scharma

@akistole, I am really grateful to you for sharing your favorite YouTube channels links. I went through them, they were quite helpful and presented the things in an interesting way. Do you mind giving your recommendations for literature and history as well?
    I know I am being quite demanding but I really need them... Everytime I read an reading comprehension passage and I don't understand the reference, it becomes really hard to figure it out.

9377 karma

@akistole, I am really grateful to you for sharing your favorite YouTube channels links. I went through them, they were quite helpful and presented the things in an interesting way. Do you mind giving your recommendations for literature and history as well?
    I know I am being quite demanding but I really need them... Everytime I read an reading comprehension passage and I don't understand the reference, it becomes really hard to figure it out.

Crash Course has great history videos as well. As for literature, there isn't my favorite channel, but I sometimes watch The School of Life:

I'm going to compile a list of videos, but here are videos I watched after reading these passages:

PT14 S3 Passage 1
    • What Will Happen When Earth’s Magnetic Poles Reverse

• Magnetic Reversals and Sea Floor Spreading
    • Sea Floor Spreading Lecture
    • Earth’s Magnetic Field Is Going To Flip, Here’s How We Know
    • PLATE TECTONICS

PT40 S4 Passage 3
    • What is Dark Matter and Dark Energy
    • Dark Matter: Crash Course Astronomy #41

@akistole You are just awesome! Thank you so much!