Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reaching out to an admissions office

Hello,

Just looking for a little guidance from my fellow 7sagers! I was wait listed at my dream school and then denied. I have decided to not matriculate an institution this fall due to many other factors, and am determined to use the time I have waiting for the next cycle to polish my application. I am very certain where I was eventually denied is where I want to pursue my higher education and am wondering if it is an appropriate action to reach out to the admissions office there? Of course all in a professional manner- I just wanted to express my interest and in some way ask for advice as to what would make me a more attractive candidate- I do plan on taking the LSAT again, rewriting my personal statement and getting a new LOR. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The common wisdom is that this is a bad idea. If your LSAT isn't where it needs to be, then you already know the answer to your question and it would be a waste of their time to reach out to them about it, even if you were very polite and well intentioned.

• emlazaro95emlazaro95 Member
    16 karma

Thanks for the feedback!