Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first 170 on a PT!

CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
edited August 2019 in General 211 karma

Guys!! GUYS!!!

I know some of you are probably tired of seeing these posts, but I have no one around me that knows enough about the LSAT to appreciate this with me. After almost three months of studying and constantly feeling like I'll be forever stuck in the mid 160s, I actually feel like there's hope! I know I shouldn't put too much weight on one PT, but this is quite motivating. ^^

Thanks for the help thus far everyone!! Shoutout to Sami and Josh (Can't Get Right)! Even though I have only attended their sessions/worked with them a few times, their advices are very insightful.

Side note: Like many others I immediately started googling 'is PT53 easy?' to see if it was just an anomaly and haven't found much. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

A well-earned milestone. Happy to hear this.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Congrats!!

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Congrats! I scored well above my average on that same PT. I personally found the 50s much easier than the 70/80s but to hit 170 in just 3 months is awesome! You’re killing it!

• CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
    211 karma

Thank you everyone!!

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    Congrats! I scored well above my average on that same PT. I personally found the 50s much easier than the 70/80s but to hit 170 in just 3 months is awesome! You’re killing it!

That was my impression too. I did a lot worse on my first PT in the 70/80s than what I was averaging and still can't seem to do better than -3 in an LR section in the 70/80s whereas this one was a 170 because I got -1 in one of the LR.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

That was my impression too. I did a lot worse on my first PT in the 70/80s than what I was averaging and still can't seem to do better than -3 in an LR section in the 70/80s whereas this one was a 170 because I got -1 in one of the LR.

Yeah that the main difficulty, I think. That and RC. My LR averages went from (-1 or -2) to (-3 or -4).