Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT scores went down before the real test

Silvia_LSilvia_L Alum Member
in General 55 karma

Hi 7sagers,

I am preparing for the October test. Scores of my PTs went down from lower 170 ~ 175 two weeks ago to 168 (PT56) yesterday, and 167 (PT57) today. The differences mainly come from LRs. Previously I missed 3~6 questions in total in LR, while yesterday and today, I lost 9/10 points.

Really don't know why this happened and have no clue about what I can do today/tomorrow to avoid this in the real test. Anyone had the same experience before? Any tips on coming back to the normal/higher range?

I guess one possible reason of this is I am a little burnt out. Have been studying really hard with a lot of pressure in the past three weeks, and would do 1 or even 2 PTs everyday with some other basic drills. I have reduced my study this week to avoid getting burnt out, although I still spent 6+ hours in the library for LSAT everyday ..

Any advice is highly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• pstroud97pstroud97 Member
    137 karma

I'm in a similar boat - for the past two weeks or so, my PT scores have been drifting lower. I haven't been studying quite as much as you, but still doing my fair share. I am taking the October test Monday, and at this point I just plan to go back to the basics. I'm going to review some fundamental logic skills, go over flaws, etc. tomorrow so that I don't freak myself out by grading more problem sets or PTs. At this point, you've given it all you've got, so I'd try to relax and review some easy stuff - just so you can remind yourself how much you've mastered (helps me with confidence boosts). Good luck Monday!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

Sounds like burnout. Do everything you can to relax the next two days and go in fresh on Monday. You might even go out and do something fun just to relax and avoid worrying. Clearly you're ready.

• Silvia_LSilvia_L Alum Member
    55 karma

@pstroud97 said:
    I'm in a similar boat - for the past two weeks or so, my PT scores have been drifting lower. I haven't been studying quite as much as you, but still doing my fair share. I am taking the October test Monday, and at this point I just plan to go back to the basics. I'm going to review some fundamental logic skills, go over flaws, etc. tomorrow so that I don't freak myself out by grading more problem sets or PTs. At this point, you've given it all you've got, so I'd try to relax and review some easy stuff - just so you can remind yourself how much you've mastered (helps me with confidence boosts). Good luck Monday!

Thank you very much! I am going to check out my test center and briefly review my error journal. Good luck to us :wink:

• Silvia_LSilvia_L Alum Member
    55 karma

@ExcludedMiddle said:
    Sounds like burnout. Do everything you can to relax the next two days and go in fresh on Monday. You might even go out and do something fun just to relax and avoid worrying. Clearly you're ready.

Thank you! I actually did not believe in burnout before, but I literally cannot figure out another reason why I consecutively lose 7 questions in a single LR section (while in the other LR section, usually -2 or -2) in the last 3 PT this week. Will definitely relax today ~

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

Burnout is def a real phenomenon and though it may be terrifying to not study at all the day before, I would advise you to do so! Your brain needs time to relax and regain its strength, as hard as it may be to believe, and I would say that at this point there's nothing you can do to increase your knowledge -- the only thing you can do is practice mindfulness and come in confident as all hell ready to take down the exam haha

Good luck!