Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Study Partner for RC (active reading!) - 7Sage Forum

Study Partner for RC (active reading!)

AmorFatiiiAmorFatiii Member
edited October 2019 in Study Groups 66 karma

Hello! I am looking for a reliable study partner who wants to improve RC via forming the habit of active reading.

JY emphasizes the importance of active reading in CC, and there are excellent resources about the specifics of active reading (https://7sage.com/webinar/active-reading/ and https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/6354).

I am planning to take the March/April exam. My current RC score is around -8 to -5, and my target is -3/-2. Ideally I hope we can "meet" once or twice a week on Skype. I have a very flexible schedule -- either mornings or evenings works fine for me. Please let me know if you are interested!

Comments

• thatgtdude89thatgtdude89 Core Member
    90 karma

I'm taking in November (and maybe January if needed) but I'd be glad to practice with you, especially since I'm looking to improve RC.

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

I'd also be glad to practice but am also taking in November :D

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

I'm interested! Let me know how I can get involved :blush:

• ansah.noelansah.noel Free Trial Member
    10 karma

Im interested
    Let me know how to join

• 615 karma

Interested! But November...

• I'm interested in joining. Planning on taking LSAT in Jan/Feb.

• Me too.

• evelynpeichunshihevelynpeichunshih Free Trial Member
    25 karma

Planning on taking in March as well. Count me in!

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

Interested! Waiting a cycle and probably will take in June. Hoping to go from -7 to -2.

• AmorFatiiiAmorFatiii Member
    edited November 2019 66 karma

Thank you so much for all 7sagers who commented on this post! I've already found a study partner.
    But please definitely feel free to DM someone who commented on this post, and pair up depending on each other's availability!
    Personally I found that a study group consisting of 2~3 people could be very effective for RC. It ensures that everyone can take charge of at least one paragraph when reviewing one passage per study session. Also, I found that writing paragraph breakdowns and sending to each other before each study session begins also help improve the quality of the session.