Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two Weeks Away, Any Advice?

CanadianKid15CanadianKid15 Member
edited November 2019 in November 2019 LSAT 16 karma

Hi Everyone, so I have been studying for quite a while now (7/8 months). And I have gotten my scores to about, LG: -1 to -3, LR: around -8 to -11 collectively. But my RC is so inconsistent it ranges anywhere from -12 to -6, it's definitely my weakest section. I am currently PTing in the 161-163 range and my goal score is 165/166. I usually end up guessing on a couple questions because of timing issues (1 to 2 LR Q's, 1 to 2 LG Q's, and 2 to 4 RC Q's).
With all things considering, delaying is not an option for me. I would really appreciate if anyone has any tips or advice to see a final push in the last two weeks? Anything would help, I am feeling a bit discouraged as I have been stagnant in the low 160s for the last 3 to 4 weeks. I really appreciate any input, thanks.

Comments

• ashali.pcashali.pc Alum Member
    17 karma

I have been doing at least one reading comp passage each day especially harder ones. There is a r/LSAT reddit post that lists harder RC sections I think, just search for hardest lsat sections. I still have timing issues with RC and LG but now I finish all my LR sections with 30secs - 2mins remaining. What helped me was having an anticipation for every question and once I find an answer which fits it, I move on (and flag if I want to). I used to waste a lot of time doubting myself and seriously considering every answer choice, and I used to end up guessing on the last 4-5 questions every time.

• Adam Z. XieAdam Z. Xie Member
    127 karma

@"ashali.pc" said:
    I have been doing at least one reading comp passage each day especially harder ones. There is a r/LSAT reddit post that lists harder RC sections I think, just search for hardest lsat sections. I still have timing issues with RC and LG but now I finish all my LR sections with 30secs - 2mins remaining. What helped me was having an anticipation for every question and once I find an answer which fits it, I move on (and flag if I want to). I used to waste a lot of time doubting myself and seriously considering every answer choice, and I used to end up guessing on the last 4-5 questions every time.

Now you can choose RC with 5* difficulty in the Problem Set function :)

• TorontoVSallTorontoVSall Alum Member
    104 karma

Honestly my advice is take 2-3 days off. I took 3 days off and focused on eating well and hitting the gym again. The most vital thing about RC is engaging with the passage and being actively interested in what you are reading. After my time off, I was refreshed and had my first -0 RC section.

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

Great advice @TOvsEverybody

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Outside of testing, I think doing what you can to make things easier on yourself in these last weeks will probably help to cut down on stress.

• CanadianKid15CanadianKid15 Member
    16 karma

@"ashali.pc" said:

Thanks for the reply, I have been trying to do RC every couple days but a passage a day doesn't sound too bad!

@TOvsEverybody said:
    Honestly my advice is take 2-3 days off. I took 3 days off and focused on eating well and hitting the gym again. The most vital thing about RC is engaging with the passage and being actively interested in what you are reading. After my time off, I was refreshed and had my first -0 RC section.

It just feels so counterintuitive to take time off this close to the test but I think you might be right, thanks.

• TorontoVSallTorontoVSall Alum Member
    104 karma

@hgill1415 said:

@"ashali.pc" said:

Thanks for the reply, I have been trying to do RC every couple days but a passage a day doesn't sound too bad!

@TOvsEverybody said:

It just feels so counterintuitive to take time off this close to the test but I think you might be right, thanks.

Yeah I can understand that, but it really isn't. If you feel bad purely taking time off read some peer-reviewing articles in the evenings, but don't test yourself on them. 2-3 days really isn't that long and exercise is extremely beneficial to cognitive function and burn-outs.