Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Problematic Score.

errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
edited May 2020 in Logical Reasoning 132 karma

Hi everyone,

I am confused on how to react to my latest LR section score. Under timed conditions, I scored a 7/26 (-19). Horrible. I know. But my Blind review was 17/26 (-9) which is not good but significantly bettter than -19.

Now for the question part of my discussion post. What do I make of this score? How do I make my BR score my timed score?

Thank you,

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@RoadTo165 How many PrepTests are you taking in a week? Are you burnt out? Are you finishing all the LR questions during the timed section?

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Your Blind Review is still not high enough. Getting -19 is quite high. People generally agree, for the most part, that the first chunk of questions are quite easy. There should be no reason you cant get at least the first 7or 8 right. Granted, there might be a hard question or two in the first 10, but still, getting one or two wrong in the first ten is still higher than your -7. Even if you spent all 35 minutes of the section doing the first 15 questions, I think you should get that right first.

That being said, is this -19 an outlier? What do you normally get. If this is normal, you need to take a step back from timed sections and focused on untimed. Go back to the CC, get to -5 MAX on untimed conditions. Especially if your goal is a 165.

Something I heard on the thinking LSAT is that people aiming to get 170+ are sometimes doing more harm than good and could be getting 165+ instead. If you rush the questions and try to finish every single one, you might get more wrong than you would have if you had deliberately not attempted the last few and focused on the first chunk. Obviously, to get a 165, I think you have to be able to do close to all of the questions. But for now, focus on getting to -5 max on untimed conditions and ideally no more than -3.

• errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
    132 karma

@lexxx745 thank you. ive went recently back to CC and it is already showing results.

132 karma

@DivineRaze Just one. I have decided to go back to CC and reinforce the concepts. So far, it has been showing results! thank you for commenting.

• LSAT160LSAT160 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

I am still in beginning stages of my studying. When I did a test a few weeks ago, I went for quality over quantity. That meant trying my best to answer the questions in front of me, like @lexxx745 said, the first 10 to 15 questions were easier than the rest. I was able to complete 12 to 14 questions on both LR sections and only managed to get 1 wrong out of the 26 that I was able to answer. You might see some results if you do this on your next PT.

132 karma

@LSAT160 great strategy. Will definitely give it a try. Thank you.