Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Games

Miryana YaldaMiryana Yalda Live Member

I heard that LSAT is getting rid of the logical games, is this true?

Comments

• She.Has.FaithShe.Has.Faith Alum Member
    60 karma

I've heard that too. I've also heard that potentially they will get rid of it but it won't be for some years.

• She.Has.FaithShe.Has.Faith Alum Member
    60 karma

Which I believe to be true. If they do decide to get rid of the LG section, they will definitely need time to decide what the new section will be and how to implement it.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

In the next four years, they are getting rid of the section as we currently know it. This came as a result of a settlement with a lawsuit that accused the LG section of discriminating against blind test-takers, because of the importance of diagramming in the test. So it seems that LSAC will be coming up with some sort of replacement that would test analytical reasoning in a different way.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2019/10/14/lsat-removes-logic-games-section/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/statement-on-the-amicable-resolution-of-binno-v-lsac-lawsuit-300931402.html

Also, if anyone is more curious, you might want to check out this video with Jason Turkish, one of the lawyers who served as co-counsel in the case against LSAC. The issue was very personal for him, since he is blind himself, and had to deal with the LSAT in his day.

"For decades it was universally understood that the LSAT was completely inaccessible for the blind, not because they're not talented, not because they're not capable, not because they wouldn't make great lawyers, but because they couldn't draw pictures. Because one quarter of this exam asks them to do something that they physically can't do, but somehow that's how we were deciding who would get to go to law school in America."

• Miryana YaldaMiryana Yalda Live Member
    69 karma

Thanks a lot guys. I have heard about the lawsuit, but I wasn't sure when this would take place.