Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist Essay

Hello everyone,

So I applied Early Decision Round 2 to UPenn and was put on the waitlist. In the email response from the university they say that they recommend submitting any additional information such as an updated resume, an additional 2 page essay on a topic of your choice, and any additional letters of rec. My question is regarding the additional essay, are they looking for a LOCI? Or are they looking for an additional essay, something similar to a personal statement, in addition to a LOCI? If so, what are some good ideas for the extra essay? Any topics I should try and focus on or some that I should stray away from?

Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated!

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

I think that it could be either: you could effectively write about anything that you think could help convince Penn to admit you. That could be more about why you'd add something unique to their school, about why you think Penn is the right fit for you, about why you know law school is the right decision for you right now, about why you'd excell at Penn, etc.