Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake in June for Waitlist Admission?

Harry_PluxenHarry_Pluxen Alum Member
Hey all,

I have been waitlisted at University of Washington and Boston College and I'm certain that my LSAT score was the reason for this. I am planning to retake in June to either get off waitlists this year or reapply next year with a better score.

Are people generally successful at gaining admission off of waitlists if they retake the June LSAT and perform better (5+ point increase)? Does anyone here ( hint hint, JY Ping & co. :D) have any suggestions for how to approach retaking the LSAT? I've used much of my study material already...

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Definitely... you improve your standing on the wait-list with a better score, in fact, it is one of the best things you can do to get off a wait-list. As for your retake, go thru the fundamentals again like you were prepping the first time round and BR the hell out of your PTs... write out why you think the answer you chose is right and also why you think the other choices are wrong... re-doing PTs is HIGHLY underrated.
  • Harry_PluxenHarry_Pluxen Alum Member
    42 karma
    Yeah, I'm also planning campus visits at these schools before I do my re-write. Mostly so that they can put a face to my applications and I can get someone on the adcomm to advocate for me.

I'm already doing blind review as I did for my first LSAT. I just worry that re-doing PT's might be less beneficial, especially if I remember the answers instinctively...
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    @Harry_Pluxen that is EXACTLY why you should place more emphasis on the BR... focus more on the process than the product... Also check out this video
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    Also GREAT work on the networking!!! That is what gets you across the line!!!
    42 karma
    Thanks Nilesh S!

What do other people think about study practices for a retake?
  • msoliviajmsoliviaj Alum Member
    53 karma
    thank you @Nilesh S
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I'm curious to know if you retake in June would they have money to offer those that are wait-listed?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    some schools might, hard to say this late in the game
    42 karma
    I don't think Boston College will have any money left at that point in the summer. They have been giving out very low offers to people who are qualified. For example, someone got in a Cornell with 90k/3years and Notre Dame with 120k/3years and only got 60k/3years at BC.

I'm confused why they are giving out such low offers this year. It's very strange...
    3438 karma
    They may be willing to negotiate if someone plays one offer against another... there are people who got increases in money all the way into June last cycle... but admittedly it gets harder as the purse shrinks
  • suntanlotionsuntanlotion Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    Retakeeeee