Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for the Best Way to Efficiently Review LR Questions

Hello fellow sagers, I have recently finished the CC and now onto drilling and correcting and that whole process. I just took PT36 after completing CC as some suggested and I want to learn some strategies that will get the most out of reviewing. Planning on writing for April 2020

I like the BR method but had a question on how to approach review after BR, particularly for LR. The way I am going about it now is that I consolidate all the High urgency questions, tell myself why I though the answer was right then watch the explanation video.

Is this a good way to go about it? Any advice on strategy that'll truly improve understanding or anything I should add to my process that you find helpful?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@seanthelsat said:
    Hello fellow sagers, I have recently finished the CC and now onto drilling and correcting and that whole process. I just took PT36 after completing CC as some suggested and I want to learn some strategies that will get the most out of reviewing. Planning on writing for April 2020

I like the BR method but had a question on how to approach review after BR, particularly for LR. The way I am going about it now is that I consolidate all the High urgency questions, tell myself why I though the answer was right then watch the explanation video.

Knowing why you thought each answer choice was right vs wrong is part of the blind review. I hope you are writing down the following during blind review: The core argument, analysis of the argument, what your process for this questions should be in answer choices, and how when you follow your process each answer choice ends up being right or wrong. You also want to write down your confidence level for that question.

Next listen to JY's explanation. Write down what he says the core argument is and his analysis of the argument. Grade yours when compared to his. If you missed something here go over it. What are the lessons to be learned from this mistake? For example, it's possible that you missed a crucial way the word was defined. Was it because it was a referential phrasing that you didn't look back to clarify the exact meaning? Or was it because you don't engage in depth with the definitions. The answer to this question should help you create a process where you don't make these mistakes again.

Then compare your approach to JY's approach. For example, if it is a flaw question, did you first ask if the answer choice is descriptively accurate, and then is it a flaw in this stimulus? Or did you skip a step or didn't put enough effort in a step?

Lastly, write an overall analysis about why you missed the question. Was it the way you read the stimulus, or a concept in the stimulus, or your approach for the question type, or the amount and type of work you did in the answer choices. The answer to this question should determine the type of work you will do in between the practice tests. If it was a concept then you need to go back to the core curriculum and review it till you can do other questions like these with confidence. If it's your approach in the stimulus or answer choices, then write down the approach and practice it untimed first in other questions till you feel comfortable.

Only after you have done this for each question, can you take a section and see if you can now do what you practiced untimed timed.

• 256 karma

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/22635/wrong-answer-journal

hey I posted this a while ago. I made it and it has really helped me. it forces you to really go through the process

• seanthelsatseanthelsat Member
    54 karma

Thanks! I'll give both of these a try