Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URGENT advice for March test day PLEASE!!!

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

sorry for the crazy title, really need help

So I came into studying about 6 months ago with a goal of 167+
Ive been hitting that goal score now under timed conditions doing 2 sections a day for some tests and full tests for others

Scores have been (in order)
75 - 167
58 - 168
42 - 167
43 - 168
44 - 160 (gave up cause frustrated at a game)
45 - 170
46 - 166
47 - 168
48 - 168
49 - 167
50 - 168
51 - 169
77 - 170

As far as how many PTS left, i have all except one of the 80s. And from 54-80 I have all of the evens.

im doing some retakes here and there some days just to keep my mind fresh, and ingrain the logic while learning some new things because I dont remember all the questions considering Ive done em months ago.

How should I prepare for the march 30th exam? Should I take even more PTS cause I have recent ones? Ive heard that maybe I should do one-two more recent ones and end it on a GOOD note, like a score im happy with so im confident into test day.

i dont want to burn too many tests, yet i also want to make sure im fully prepared. I dont want to burn out, yet i want to make sure im doing everything i can to get a high score

For reference, march 30th will be my first take and im prepared to take it in july and september for next cycle as well. With taht in mind, im not sure how many more tests I should do. I also want to make sure i dont "forget" how to do anything until march 30th, obviously. Sorry for long post, please help!!!

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

I would keep taking PTs once every several days or at least once or twice a week to stay in the groove of it until March 30th. Practice taking them in public places with distractions, and simulate test conditions (or worse than test conditions) as much as possible. I wouldn't worry about burning too many tests, but I would just be cautious about not burning out yourself. And then on the 30th, treat the real thing just like you're taking another PT.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    edited March 2020 3190 karma

@taschasp said:
    I would keep taking PTs once every several days or at least once or twice a week to stay in the groove of it until March 30th. Practice taking them in public places with distractions, and simulate test conditions (or worse than test conditions) as much as possible. I wouldn't worry about burning too many tests, but I would just be cautious about not burning out yourself. And then on the 30th, treat the real thing just like you're taking another PT.

Do you think twice a week is fine with maybe a retake in between real takes?

And would you suggest moving up to the 80s? Doing like 3 or so by test day?

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Sure that sounds like a good plan, though I don't see why you couldn't do fresh tests for all of them. There are so many left to exhaust!

Yeah, adding in a few recent exams sounds like a good idea.

• RavinderRavinder Alum Member
    869 karma

You may want to do two or three tests in the 80s as the LR and RC are a little different than earlier tests. My tutors did not think they were harder but I found them to feel harder as they are a little trickier than earlier tests. Better to get a sense of the subtle changes to the test.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@ravinder said:
    You may want to do two or three tests in the 80s as the LR and RC are a little different than earlier tests. My tutors did not think they were harder but I found them to feel harder as they are a little trickier than earlier tests. Better to get a sense of the subtle changes to the test.

Any suggestions on which specific ones of the 80s? ive only done 81.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

It depends in part on what you are looking for, I would suggest doing the tests that are known to be challenging. They have more generous curves, so you shouldn't see your score dip too much, but that will also give you experience with the worst that the LSAT can throw at you. For example, I would certainly suggest PT88 (that is the one with the crazy LG section) and also PT 80, that is also supposed to have a hard games section. Beyond that, maybe PT83? Doing those tests and maintaining your score will probably also have the added benefit of boosting your confidence in you ability to adapt to the LSAT, which is probably invaluable on test day. I hope this helps, good luck!