Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Studying Tips - 7Sage Forum

Studying Tips

jrose.smithjrose.smith Free Trial Member
in General 47 karma

Hi all,

I plan on taking the LSAT in November and since I just started and I'm on a time crunch I was wondering if any of you have suggestions on how to study? I'm also a student so I'll be taking classes in the summer and full-time in the fall. Would it be a bad idea to go through the curriculum to understand the concepts and only do a few practice sets (not all since it is a lot and takes up a good chunk of hours) and then get done by mid-july and just keep on doing practice tests until November?

Thanks!

Comments

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

@"jrose.smith" have you taken a cold diagnostic test yet? Though it's not essential, it might be a good place to start as it will give you a benchmark for your progress as you continue through the curriculum and then into practice tests. Also, if you have a particular goal score in mind, a diagnostic might also help give you a sense of how realistic or unrealistic your goal score is by November.

Regardless, definitely start with the curriculum to get a good understanding of the foundational concepts; treat it like another summer class that you have to show up for every weekday and put in a X amount of hours. Depending on how much time you are able to devote to the LSAT per week, I think it's definitely a good idea to try to squeeze in a handful of preptests into your preparation; ideally with a month or two to spare.

Hope this helps!