Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Help!!!!

Ms.LeeSanzMs.LeeSanz Member
edited May 2020 in General 227 karma

Hey Everyone!
First off, thank you for reading my post. I need help! At my current school, we do not have a law school advisor, and I am in this blind. I don't know how to go about ANYTHING. I want to apply for law school for Fall 2021. I currently have a 3.9 GPA, and I have no idea where to start with the LSAT. I don't know when or where to start preparing for this whole process. Honestly, I know nothing. I tried to find help at my school, but they don't focus on law. Can someone please help me? I need guidance. After reading a lot of the forums, I just ordered the PowerScore Self Study Package, and the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim. Any advice will truly be appreciated. I feel like I am at a complete loss!

I need help figuring a timeline, how to go about the LSAT preparation (PowerScore has a study plan, but I did not pay for the digital test), and the whole application process itself.

Comments

• zaney learnerzaney learner Member
    65 karma

First start with creating an LSAC account. That is your portal for the whole Law School Admissions process. Next, you will want to get your base score so take an LSAT test, you can even buy one on amazon though LSAC (I recommend 2007-2013 range) if you're study materials don't already include one. Then start at page one of your materials and start reading and studying with the plan they have given you. Google LSAT timelines to figure out your ideal time to take the LSAT in your timeline.

• Ms.LeeSanzMs.LeeSanz Member
    edited May 2020 227 karma

Thank you so much! @"zaney learner"

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

https://7sage.com/admissions/dashboard/

Given your GPA, my advice is don't settle for a meh LSAT score.

• Ms.LeeSanzMs.LeeSanz Member
    edited May 2020 227 karma

@10000019 What is considered a meh LSAT Score?

I read that my cumulative UGPA could change due to the LSAC conversion, but I don't really understand it much. I do know that I want to get the highest score I capable of obtaining. My target LSAT score is a 175, but I wouldn't mind if I score about a 172.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@"Ms.LeeSanz" said:
    @10000019 What is considered a meh LSAT Score?

I read that my cumulative UGPA could change due to the LSAC conversion, but I don't really understand it much. I do know that I want to get the highest score I capable of obtaining. My target LSAT score is a 175, but I wouldn't mind if I score about a 172.

A meh LSAT score is anything below the median of your top school. At Yale that would be a 173. At Harvard, also a 173.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I would also start reaching out to recommenders and let them know my interest in applying to law school for fall 2021. You will need to submit recommendation letters to law schools. In addition, work on building your resume as you will need to submit that to law schools.